Sign in to follow this  
kyle

grains of gold

Well most people do it for the fun and family time. So if I'm out with family and friends and we only find a few grains, then we had fun and found some gold. A few grains are better than non.

Some who only do 'bitch' posts have never shown a piece of gold on a gold forum that they have found by themselves! Just saying! No implication here! LOL!

do people actually go hunting just for grains of gold.....

I do. B)

Here's 15 grains.

I was excited each time I dug one of these babies up.

Knowing that no one else found them before me is very satisfying.

I'll be out there again next chance I get....

post-76448-0-99705000-1492499731_thumb.jpg

I prefer ounces. Not interested in anything other than ounces. But hey that's just me. Haha.

well myself I prefer grams or better..grains never excited me

So how about showing us some of your 'gram' finds ... ! Maybe a couple muti-grammers ... My guess is I am blowing smoke into the wind ... as it is easier to to just bitch that no one is posting the big stuff!

Nailed that one Mike. I don't think I've ever seen one posted picture from him. Oh well, if I found grams and grams maybe even ounces and pounds like he does,I probably wouldn't post it either. This is the Internet, people can track ya down and take it from ya. Haha.

Unlike fishing, when it comes to gold there is no catch and release.

I'd probably be willing to plant those 'seeds' back where I found them if I could come back in a few years to some gram size or larger nuggets..... :D

Luke

Hey Chris, unfortunately my stepdad practices catch and release on gold. He had a nice vial of Nevada gold in his pouch. We went to California to a spot where he grew up as a kid to find some gold. We had separated when we got to the river and a little while later I heard him yelling " over here ". He said there was this big Rock with gold all over it. After a while of cleaning gold off this rock, he realized it was "his" gold. The vial he had in his bag had fallen out and shattered on the rock. It was funny. I felt bad for him and we still laugh about it today.

Dan

Hey Dan,

I can certainly relate to that. I've been a victim of those glass vials myself. It's good though that he can laugh about it now.

Many years back I was giving a lecture on metal detecting to a club down in Phoenix. I had brought along a very large display case full of nuggets. As I was heading towards the podium my hand slipped on the case and nuggets went flying! :blink: The chaos was short lived, but it overturned chairs and had people scrambling. I remember hearing shouts in the background, "Oh my god, check out this one!", or "There's a bunch over here!" To this day I'm still not sure if I left with every piece of gold I brought, but it did teach me a valuable lesson. Always tape the sides of those plastic rounds so that if they do drop the top doesn't pop off!

Tom, those match cases look like the way to go. We used to use the old 35mm film canisters, but those lids also popped off easy. I like the screw cap on the match case, plus it would fit a whole lot better in my pocket than my current gold bottle :P

post-28-0-60954900-1492638646_thumb.jpg