Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

New Minelab Detectors Announced!

As many of you may have already heard, Minelab is gearing up for the release of an exciting new series of detectors. They unveiled the new machine at a detecting rally in UK over the weekend, and thus far the response seems very positive from the treasure hunting community. Below is some information taken from their website. I will be sure to post more updates just as soon as they are available. AZO has also started a pre-order list. Please contact me if you would like your name added.

post-28-0-21274400-1505766318_thumb.jpg

Minelab EQUINOX – Pending Release!

Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

post-28-0-07552200-1505766365_thumb.png

3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)

4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)

Wired Headphones Supplied

post-28-0-00180900-1505766387_thumb.png

4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)

6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)

Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600 USD 649

EQUINOX 800 USD 899

Put me down for one of the 800 series :) !

This one ticks all of the boxes for me...light weight, fast, fast ,fast processor, waterproof, multi frequency including 40 kHz (the GM1000 is 45 kHz) for nugget shooting. Three coils. Perfect compliment to the E-Trac and GPX.

Chris, I hope you are able to get a bunch of them in stock because I think they are going to go like hot cakes...especially at the low price point! WTG Minelab!!

Dean

Hi Chris,

Sounds like some good things coming from Minelab!!!. Any roomers of a new version of the CTX 30-30 with a gold 40Htz+ setting ??? The only thing ever lacking with the CTX was a setting for prospecting~ I would Love to see that happen !!!

The Equinox 800 from what I have seen so far seems like a real technological step forward and finally a real killer detector!!! But... honestly, If I had to choose between an E-800 or a Gold version of the CTX ~ I think i would go for the CTX !!! That CTX display & Tatget Trace and the Target ID. Makes that detector a great detector to discriminate ferous and non-ferrous very quickly in trashy areas! It stands alone and that makes the CTX a real sweet stand alone detector!!!! But the CTX is not the right frequency for small gold. an the E800 is... not sure about it's target ID accuracy yet. but I am sure that comparisons will happen real soon!!!

With all that said... Any Idea how soon will they be "Drop Shipping" or they will be shipping the E 800's to you???

Cheers,

Gerard

I just saw the pin pointer. Holy cow! They have "iron tone" so that you can tell the difference between the ferrous and non ferrous target in the hole. Water proof too. Looks like I don't have to get the X1 probe for the E-Trac after all!

Dean