Sign in to follow this  
SkyWalker

Freedom System Gold

I finally got out yesterday after a month or 2 absence working as a fly fishing guide and building a new house this summer certainly cuts into s guy's detecting time. This is my second trip out with Arizona Outback Freedom System and other than two little quirks I have to give it 2 thumbs up. If you are not familiar with Chris's Freedom System it is a very small light weight battery and charger and a deteknit wireless head phone and after using it I have to say I will never go back to coils again. I found 5 nuggets in a few hours all but the largest were very deep signals just a faint break in the threshold. This System did a great job massaging them out. This area has been heavily worked by others over the years. I was using the 5000 along with the 12 inch round Evo. As far as the two quirks I mentioned earlier first thing I noted is the head phone control touch pad has to be on the detector's side. If not, it would blank out often.

The other thing I noticed the transmitter had to be tucked under the right arm pad. If not blanking was also noticed. Give Chris a call and try out this System. You will be glad you did. 5 nuggets totaled, 4.4 grams in all, largest 2.1. Keep on digging! Enoch

post-149-0-60594400-1508469461_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-32433200-1508469492_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-29992700-1508469522_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-16817200-1508469549_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-00877500-1508469568_thumb.jpg

Nice haul, SkyWalker!

I have been using the AZO Freedom System since it's inception and absolutely love it! A wireless GPX is a dream come true especially in brushy country. I have not experienced the quirks that you mention. Though, honestly, I have never put the phones on with the control switches on the opposite side of the transmitter. I will have to test that out. What seems odd, in my experience, is that I can set the machine down and get at least 10 feet away and still not lose the signal. So, it seems odd that just having the phones on the opposite side of your head would do that. I'll check it out. Being a lefty, the transmitter is always on the opposite (far) side of the detector for me and has not given me any issues. The other nice thing is that you can still use your favorite "wired" head phones with the "cordless" battery should you desire. Also, the wireless head phones can be used with any other detector with a 1/4" head phone jack. The batteries are very light as well. I always take a fully charged extra in my pack as I tend to hunt all day usually far from the truck. That being said, I've never had one of the batteries get used up in an entire day of detecting. Truly a great improvement over the original "brick and curly cable" system.

Dean

Hey Enoch, way to go once again on the newest nuggets!!! That 12" EVO is also a favorite of mine, especially for the creeks & gullies. I have yet to be skunked with it.

Also, thanks for the great review on the Freedom System. I know it is confusing since the system isn't listed anywhere on the Net right now. The reason is because I am in the process of sorting out a new supplier for one of the critical components. There are a few of them floating around the US, but not many. I have been collecting feedback from these seasoned users before launching them onto the market. And so far just about everything has been positive. I hope to have a limited supply ready for sale by Christmas. I will definitely be posting up information and pictures as we get closer.

Hey Rich, I sold out the first batch of the systems I put together and have received some great feedback. My supplier for some of the parts is no longer in business, so I am souring those items. It shouldn't take me too long to sort it out. I hope to have some back in stock perhaps as early as the end of the month. 

If you like, email me at: info@arizonaoutback.com and I will add you to the top of the list.