Sign in to follow this  
DSMITH

question on PI detector

I am going to be in the market for a PI detector some time in the near future my question would a GP3500 be a good PI to start out with and if it would be are there any used ones out there to be purchased was thinking about the GPX 4500 but do not want to spend that much coin starting out thanks in advance for all responses.

DSMITH, if you are thinking about getting into a PI detector feel free to give me a call at the office. I have used every PI machine Minelab has made and can probably help you narrow down your search. Not sure how soon you are thinking, but I do have a used GPX-4500 and GPX 4000 at the moment.

GPX 4500 is the way to go. If Chris has a used one, I'd really look into that.

Good Luck. :)

+1!

Here are a few reasons why...

post-36139-0-41810100-1513627591_thumb.jpg post-36139-0-06482100-1513627542_thumb.jpg

All found with a GPX-4500/Evo coil combo purchased from Chris. He casts a magic "good luck" spell over them prior to purchase at no extra charge ;) .

Dean

Dean, I'm really liking that photo of your nugs all spread out; what beautiful stuff! Yes, I'm sure it was the good luck spell I cast that was responsible for your success and not all the long hours of hiking canyons, digging countless targets, and busting through the brush! Consequently, if anyone would like to purchase a new detector or coil before the first of the year, I'd be happy to apply the good spell at no additional cost! :D Happy hunting everyone!

If you are going to get a PI, I recommend you go with the most expensive Minelab you can afford. Otherwise, you'll just be selling it in a few months to get a better one. Also, many better experts than me, but there will come a time, soon, where Minelab can't service the old ones if something goes wrong.

Chris, send me some of that luck...I can't walk all those canyons anymore...just send me to the easy just off the road ones...thanks in advance!!!

Chrisski...that is a fact...when they are out of parts it is too bad-too sad.

hence, don't pay too much and test the used machine...otherwise it may be penny wise and dollars foolish.

Of course, if you are buying from a reputable dealer, such as Chris G you may rest easy...

fred

PI Shootout!!! A Minelab GPZ 7000 vs. The GPX 5000 - Target Comparison Test.

This video was just uploaded (today) December 25th 2017 by: Aussie Bloke Prospector who did an exceptional job filming and editing the video...

~ http://www.eurekapro...tecting-tuition

"Thank you John !!!! "

A GPX 5000 with a Nugget Finder 17x13 EVO Coil vs. A GPZ-7000

Since Minelab's first introduction of the GPZ 7000... there has been a lot of conjecture about the 7000's ability compared to the GPX 5000, especially today when the GPX is coupled with some of the latest Coils i.e. "The NuggetFinder EVO" & "The Coiltek Elite". These coils had a drastic effect on the GPX machines....In this video Aussie Bloke Prospector will show you how the GPZ-7000 Compares with the GPX machines with the New NuggetFinder EVO 17X13 Coil.

TEST SCORES, CONCLUSIONS and OBSERVATIONS in the hope that they assist you to DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

The CONCLUSIONS: are based on the test Scores.

The scoring comprises of 2 Main Areas:

(1) LOUDNESS or VOLUME > This pertains to how loud the initial volume of the Target is ( thus making it easy to hear ). .

(2) EASE OF TARGET DETERMINATION > This is determined by how ( A ) REPETITIOUS, ( B ) CONSISTENT and ( C ) WELL DEFINED Target Signal;

( thus making it easier to assess the absolute presence of a "TRUE TARGET" vs. "GROUND NOISE"). :)

Link To The Video>>>