I thought I’d share some recent finds made over the weekend. My buddy Dean and I decided to head out into the Arizona desert to see if we could stir up a few nuggets. Both of us were swinging the Minelab GPX machines outfitted with the Nugget Finder 15” round EVOLUTION coils. The area we detected had already been hunted by earlier Minelab GP & SD machines, along with the Fisher Gold Bugs. Despite this, we each pulled a handful of very deep targets along with 7 beautiful nuggets. None of the pieces were exceptionally large, but we left our camp with a quarter ounce of buttery yellow gold, and for only a day & half of detecting. The 15” “EVO” has become my coil of choice for most ground that is deeper than a foot. It can easily reach out and grab targets hiding way down there, but still not sacrifice the tiny stuff; as we discovered after digging many iron shavings that would have been virtually impossible to recover without the help of a magnet…It was a little chilly camping out, but what a fun trip! Dean is a great cook and we dined on steak, drank beer, and told lies around the campfire. :) Thanks again my friend..

post-28-0-72188200-1519681712_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-66799600-1519681734_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-97401000-1519681738_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-16164300-1519681746_thumb.jpg

Thank you VERY much for this post Chris, it's nice to see you posting again... great nuggets, and it's NICE to see the GPX kicking it out there. I'm hanging up my 7000 and 19" coil for a while and picking up another 5000 as my chosen detector. Let me know if you get a good used package in, a 5k and an Evo etc.

Nice work.

Jen

Another fun and productive trip! Thank you, Chris!!

The wind was a bit cold and harsh... I learned that it isn't a good idea to set up your camp chair directly up-wind of the camp fire <_< ! Another one of life's lessons learned the hard way. I also learned that the 15" EVO is my new go to coil. I am shocked at the small sized targets this coil will hit for it's size. I feel that I didn't sacrifice any smaller pieces of gold by using this larger coil. Nice and light too. The 14"X 9" Evo hasn't come off of my machine since I got it over a year ago. It will now be relegated to my "tight and brushy" area duty coil while the 15" round will now be my general duty coil.

Jen,

Welcome back to the "lighter side". You are no stranger to the GPX/Evo combo. I believe you will really like the 15" spoked round Evo. Chris and I swung it all day with no bungee or harness aide. I hope you find a machine soon and get some swing time in before it gets too hot.

Good times! Thanks again ,Chris!

Dean

is there a layaway plan available at AZO ??.. haha.

Going to sell off my VLF machines (GB2, Monster1000 & even my new Equinox800) as down payment for a GPX 4500 or 4800.

Me thinks its time to make the move into pulse induction. These VLF's are getting frustrating.

Going to sell off my VLF machines (GB2, Monster1000 & even my new Equinox800) as down payment for a GPX 4500 or 4800.

Me thinks its time to make the move into pulse induction. These VLF's are getting frustrating.

However you make it happen, you won't regret the decision.

I think Chis takes kids as partial payment, as long as they're out of diapers and able to mow lawns or shovel snow.

Jen

If you are serious about gold then the GPX is the way to go. Like Jen said...you won't regret it. I just got my Equinox from Chris yesterday and swung it for the first time today...WOW! I'll post up a pic in the coin/relic section.

Dean

Call Chris G. for a an experienced GPX4000

Hi jhuntphx,

Please feel free to give me a call or email anytime; I'm sure we can put a good deal together. Maybe a layaway or even a trade-in towards a new GPX machine. If not new, I do have some great pre-owned units like a GPX-4500 and GPX-4000.

And as Jen mentioned, we do accept kids, but only if they are able to either shovel snow or dig my targets :P The snow shovel might actually be better as we got dumped on here in central AZ last night.There was about 3" on the outskirts of town, and my father said at least 6" up in the mountains. This was probably our best storm of the winter season; I guess better late than never.

Hi jhuntphx,

Please feel free to give me a call or email anytime; I'm sure we can put a good deal together. Maybe a layaway or even a trade-in towards a new GPX machine. If not new, I do have some great pre-owned units like a GPX-4500 and GPX-4000.

And as Jen mentioned, we do accept kids, but only if they are able to either shovel snow or dig my targets :P The snow shovel might actually be better as we got dumped on here in central AZ last night.There was about 3" on the outskirts of town, and my father said at least 6" up in the mountains. This was probably our best storm of the winter season; I guess better late than never.

As soon as my Equinox arrives (so I can sell it.. :(..) I will be in touch about that 4500. Watched a video with a Modded 4500 in Australia and it absolutely blew my mind.

The 4500 is mind blowing as is. No need to mod it. Get a good coil or two and you are all set. Good luck!

Dean

Agreed 100%, I've had several 4500's and they're GREAT machines....

i suspect the "modding" would cost more than the detector anyway..haha. not to mention having to send it off to Australia.

Cant wait to get my hands on one. The nuggets I keep seeing posted on theses forums never seem to be pulled out with a VLF.

I was just as excited about the Equinox when i pre-ordered it back in November but I think the best way to go right now is the GPX.

The GB2 has been great for that tiny gold in Hard Rock Veins but that's all I use it for. My buddy owns a Patented Lode claim in the Copper Basin Mining district that's been dormant since the war act. It was producing OPT in the teen's back then, but sadly the BLM or Some other State agency has kindly destroyed it.(Didn't think they could touch a Patented Claim). Pretty sure a detector has never been run on that claim. (Not legally anyhow). Don't know if there is any Placer in the area but I don't feel confident running a VLF out there. Feel like i'm going to walk right over gold never knowing it was there.

Thanks for boosting my confidence in the GPX guys.. Never used one before so when I get my hands on one (If Chris takes my Kid's that is) then i'll probably be in here asking all of those annoying newbie questions that have been answered a million times over... haha.

I'm going to cry when i let go of that Equinox though.

I'm going to cry when i let go of that Equinox though.

Those tears will dry up the minute you start digging that first GPX nugget, and be replaced by an entirely new set of tears, of happiness.