Sign in to follow this  
StanTHEMan

Tesoro Lobo Super Traq

Hi all,

This is the unit that I found my first Gold nugget with (a 4.5 grammer! :D ). It's used, but in good shape and comes with the brown Tesoro carry bag and a set of headphones (I think they are Conrads). $350 cash for those who can pick up in person. Shipping will be extra.

Drop me a line at drawnats@aol.com or leave me a msg here. If no interest by this weekend, I'll list it on ebay.

I might be interested and depending on where you live might be able to have it picked up. I am rather new to all of this, but I assume this is a good detector? Also, is this detector fully functional and does it still (in theory) have a few good years left in her?

Neshomamench

I live outside of Phoenix AZ, and used this detector about 2 weeks ago in the field. Everything still works great on it and it should have a lot of life left in it. It's a dual purpose machine (can be used for nugget hunting or coin hunting). I think I also have a copy of the manual for as well.

I coin shoot and have a Whites IDX. What makes the Tesoro Lobo better than my whites machine for Nugget shooting? I understand that some detectors are manufactured specificly for nugget shooting, is this one of them?

I assume the machine I have is a coin machine that could(to a low level of effectivness) find nuggets and the Lobo is a Nugget shooter that could be employed to a lesser degree itself as a coin machine.

Sorry for the Questions. I am interested, I am just trying to find out what makes a nugget machine a nugget machine.

Neshomamench

If I knew it all, Bill Gates would be mowing my yard

Good questions. Some vlf machines are made specifically for nugget hunting and are set up for a specific frequency to catch the little dinks and handle mineralized soil better. Other vlf machines are made specifically for coin hunting (at a different frquency) and have discrimination and won't be able to pick up the little bits of Gold, but will pick up a coin at depth - they can also be used for finding Gold but won't be as successful as a nugget only unit. Then there are dual purpose machines that can be used for either purpose and can serve quite well for finding coins OR Gold, and this is one of those units. Whites makes some good machines (and a few not so good) - I'm not familiar with the IDX model, but it may work well finding Gold.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a sale, but if you are happy with your existing unit for coin hunting and want a unit specifically for nuggets, you may want to consider another unit that is made for finding nuggets (like a Minelab 2100, 2200, GP Extreme or 3000) instead of a dual purpose machine.

The Tesoro LST is a good dual purpose VLF unit, but if you want a unit specifically for Gold hunting I would rather see you get a detector that is suited to that purpose then to make a sale just for the $$$$. If you are looking for a dual purpose unit that can find coins AND Gold, the Tesoro LST can do both.

Do a search on Google for Tesoro Lobo Super Traq and read some of the write ups and experiences of others. Don't worry - I won't be the least bit offended if you decide this unit is not for you. I want the new owner to be happy with this unit.

AG,

I'll check when I get home tonight. I'm at work right now ;) and can't access my personal email from here. (well I could, by using an anonymous proxy, but it would be my last day here :P )

I think the LoboSt is a good machine, and it is dual pupose, It has a salt or akaline mode for bad ground, and a all metal mode and a coin mode. I to found my first gold with a LoboSt. It has auto ground balance and tracking. It is good in most soils, if you use the akaline mode for hotter ground. I have recovered rice sized gold with mine, and nugget to 12 inches at a gram or more. A very good detector for the price. Grubstake

Thankyou for such an honest answer. I think I will do some more research and continue to learn what this site has to teach. The Minelab seems to be the machine that would best suit my wants and needs.

Best of luck with your sale.

Neshomamench

AG,

Actually I just got busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to reply. I sent you an email this morning before I left for work.