Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Heavy rains in central AZ

I wanted to give an update on the weather here in central Arizona. Yesterday the Prescott area and surrounding region got pounded with probably the biggest rain storm I have seen in the past five years. So much water was dumped that many of the roads here in town were blockaded, and I even heard the waters of Lynx Creek overflowed the dam at Fain Park/Lake. A friend of mine in the Walker area said it looked like a river of chocolate milk that filled the creek from bank to bank! Going off the forecast, it looks like we could see more showers this week...Those flash floods move a ton of dirt, so I am thinking that once those waters receded, there should be some new bedrock exposed and maybe some fresh gold that has not seen the light of day for many, many years. 

Happy hunting everyone!

wish it was the winter season so i could take advantage of the floods, but you local guys go out and enjoy.

Its raining everywhere this year!  Everyday it rains up here.  Its still so green and with it.........bugs!  Lol.  Expose that BR nature!

Gold on the move. Super video!🤠