Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Relic hunt in the rain & mud!

This past Saturday my detecting buddy Dean and I got to sneak in a few hours on the coin/relic machines. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate in the least bit. The moment we got in the car to head out it began raining. In less than fifteen minutes it was pouring so hard the road was flooded and every gutter and storm drain was overflowing! Of course the day we decide to go detecting we get hit with the hardest Monsoon storm of the season! The conditions were less than ideal, but we made the best of it. We’d get to hunt for half an hour, then the sky would break open again and we would be stuck in the car until it cleared out. It went this way all day, but we managed to pull a few goodies from the mud. I was swinging the Minelab CTX 3030, and him the Minelab Equinox 800. The best finds were two silver coins, a token, part of an old lantern, a piece of costume jewelry, and quite a bit of clad...The rains have been great this year here in AZ. As soon as the temperatures come down a bit, it will be time to hit the goldfields. Happy hunting everyone!

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5530.jpg

Looks like you guys had lots of fun in spite of the rain.  Sure a dirty hand holding that silver dime. 😎