Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Customers off to detect Africa

I wanted to give a big thanks to “Don” and his brothers for driving over to see me today. They picked up a brand new GPX 5000 and are headed back home to the Congo in central Africa to try their hand at prospecting. They showed me some impressive pictures of the gold already being found by friends and other family members. It looked like most all the placering was being done by hand with pick, pans, and shovels. They said a few people in their area had metal detectors, but not many, so they should have a nice advantage. They were super nice guys and promised they would text me photos of the gold they found. Thank you again for the business – wishing you all the best of luck!

IMG_5708.jpg

That is exciting, I hope to have some updates on their success. At the Tucson Gem show a couple years ago there was a a guy selling stuff at the "African Market" with a KEENE shirt on. We got talking gold and he was heading back home to the Congo loaded up with a couple big suction dredges. Lots of gold in that country apparently.