Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

BIG nugget to kick off the season!!!

A friend of mine that bought a Minelab GPZ 7000 not long ago just sent me these photos of an awesome discovery he made. While swinging along he picks up a very low, mellow signal. He said it wasn’t much of a signal, but since gold had already been found nearby he decided to scratch on it. Once he broke open the ground and got down a bit the signal really improved. By the time he hit two feet it was an overload. He said the target was hidden down in a bedrock crack and as he swept the dirt with his fingers he caught glimpse of gold. He said he kept sweeping aside the dirt and the exposed gold just continued to get bigger and bigger. When it finally came out of the hole he was rewarded with an absolutely stunning 9-ounce nugget!!! :lol: This is the largest piece I have heard of so far this year, and I think he’s going to have a tough time beating it.

What an amazing find! A huge congratulations to this hard working prospector. Thank you again for letting me share your photos; keep up the good work!

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

8 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Hmmmm, I wonder who that is?

Looks like your buddy. Wonder where he found it?

On 11/20/2018 at 3:01 PM, Chris Gholson said:

A friend of mine that bought a Minelab GPZ 7000 not long ago just sent me these photos of an awesome discovery he made. While swinging along he picks up a very low, mellow signal. He said it wasn’t much of a signal, but since gold had already been found nearby he decided to scratch on it. Once he broke open the ground and got down a bit the signal really improved. By the time he hit two feet it was an overload. He said the target was hidden down in a bedrock crack and as he swept the dirt with his fingers he caught glimpse of gold. He said he kept sweeping aside the dirt and the exposed gold just continued to get bigger and bigger. When it finally came out of the hole he was rewarded with an absolutely stunning 9-ounce nugget!!! :lol: This is the largest piece I have heard of so far this year, and I think he’s going to have a tough time beating it.

What an amazing find! A huge congratulations to this hard working prospector. Thank you again for letting me share your photos; keep up the good work!

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

Wow what a great find and paid for the detector as well, I wouldn't wash my hands for a while either after finding that!!!

Chris there looks to be part of a smaller piece in left of the photo, was that a piece that broke off of the big piece or another nugget found nearby?

Gold Seeker, I believe that "little" nugget you see off to the side is actually a half-ouncer that was hiding in the same crack beneath the 9 oz. On a normal day that alone would be a score, but next to the biggie it looks tiny! 

Was about to ask the same T.