I was able to get out detecting over the weekend. It was snowing and cold up north, so I bailed out and headed south to the deserts. What a difference 5,000 feet makes! The weather was great and by 10:00 I had ditched the sweater and was hunting in a T-shirt.

I really wanted to go exploring for new ground, but because the days are so short now, I decided just to focus and rework some old patches. I was using the Minelab GPX detector and my all-time favorite coil, the Nugget Finder 15” Evolution. I hit two patches that had produced nicely for me in the past. All the easy “sitting duck” targets were long gone, so I knew I’d have to take my time. I decreased my normal swing speed to about half and really concentrated on keeping the coil as low to the ground as possible. I hugged all the contours and kicked rocks and dead brush out of the way. I was absolutely amazed at how many tiny, subtle targets started to show up. There were lots of ironstone hot rocks as well, but moving slower helped minimize those as well. The slower speed changed their target signal and I was able to ignore a vast majority. That’s not to say I didn’t hear a lot of ghost signals, but after you scratch and kick enough of them, eventually a few turn into solid targets. I dug every single target I got, most of which were slivers of rusty iron, but in the end I walked away with 12 shiny nuggets in my pocket. The total weight was 6.1-grams. None of the pieces were huge, but like I’ve said before, I never toss any of them back! :P Here are a few photos…Happy Hunting everyone!

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

Great job Chris. Thats a pretty darn good haul for the day. I love that coil.

Well done Chris!

3 minutes ago, SlowNLow said:

My next coil.....great job!

You won't be dissapointed, I HIGHLY recommend you call Chris ASAP and get one ordered... if in doubt, check out ONE of my recent posts sharing my Nugget Finder Evolution success... I've had a couple of the Evo's and they've found me big gold with quiet smooth threshold, you'll LOVE IT!!!!!!

Not to mention Chris has the best service of all the dealers I've shopped with... he'll take care of you.

Jen

On 12/5/2018 at 3:28 PM, Jennifer Bond said:

You won't be dissapointed, I HIGHLY recommend you call Chris ASAP and get one ordered... if in doubt, check out ONE of my recent posts sharing my Nugget Finder Evolution success... I've had a couple of the Evo's and they've found me big gold with quiet smooth threshold, you'll LOVE IT!!!!!!

Not to mention Chris has the best service of all the dealers I've shopped with... he'll take care of you.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Yup if I wouldn't have sold you my  large Evo I would have one  to swing 🤣 . 😆

1 hour ago, SlowNLow said:

Hi Jen,

Yup if I wouldn't have sold you my  large Evo I would have one  to swing 🤣 . 😆

LOL touche, didn't recognise the name.... reckon I've had too many Evo's (if that's possible) if I'm forgetting where I got them all... LOL

6 hours ago, Jennifer Bond said:

LOL touche, didn't recognise the name.... reckon I've had too many Evo's (if that's possible) if I'm forgetting where I got them all... LOL

I change my name once a while.....going for a 15" round Evo next time. Good luck out in the gold fields....the gold is waiting.