I went out this morning to a spot in a wash that I had walked thru about a 100 times or more over the years.  As I recall, each time that I had walked thru it I had thought that this spot would be a good spot for gold, but had not dug any of it because of the extensive amount of overburden, large rocks and boulders strewn through out it.  And once when I had tried to dig down to bedrock the material was compacted like concrete,.:grr01:.UGH!!! ........... I had actually not even had any plans of going out this morning, as I laid in bed half asleep waiting for the alarm to go off at 8 am.  But my mind started working, and for some reason narrowed-in on this particular wash location causing me to picture in my mind just where any gold would be.  I had in the past found a few nuggets upstream, and a number of them downstream, so I knew gold was there, but this stretch would be a challenge physically.  

When I got to the wash I first detected underneath a small waterfall just upstream of the stretch of wash, and got a very mixed signal.  It was kind of weird and wavy.  After about 5-minutes of pulling  about 12 chunks of black ironstone hot rocks (thus the weird-wavy sounds) out of the bottom, a very strong signal was still down there.  The signal turned out to be a 1.69 gram nugget (the round one in the photo).  It was just after that when my "Digg'n-Mood" kicked in, and I was determined to dig that stretch of wash out, Once-and-for-all"....About 15 ft. further downstream I got a very strong signal right about the crest of where the wash was transitioning-downward in grade.  It was a nice flat and smooth 2.20 gram'r that had been hiding just under the lip of a down-drop-shelf.  It was about that time that I decided to "see what the wash was doing" downstream of where I was digging.  The center and whole right side of the wash was exposed and open with good looking bedrock, but I had not found any nuggets there in the past????.."strange"..:89:..  But standing back and looking upstream toward where I had stopped digging I could see that all of the rocks and material had collected on the left side, "and" the bedrock was sloping downward toward that left side underneath all of this material.  So I moved just out of center and started removing large rocks, etc. off of the left bank.  It was about 4 ft further downstream when I got another strong signal, which turned out to be the "spike-shaped" 1.03 gram nugget, and then the other smaller one ( .12 of-a-gram) almost in the same hole.  So, the total for the day was 5.04 grams,.................Not bad for not even planning on going out at all today.  ..........Gary............I don't know why those 2 photos turned out green?????  I was using a new phone

The 3-small nuggets ( .61 of-a-gram) just below the dime I had found last Friday in a different wash.       

SAM_1209.JPG

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

SAM_1216.JPG

SAM_1210.JPG

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Well done Gary, that's a nice handful for the day! Digging compacted gravels out of a wash is a chore, so its always nice to see the hard work pay off! Thanks for sharing :)