Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Customers strike first gold!

I had a chance to spend some time out in the field the other day with some wonderful people. Cliff, Danny and Don all bought detectors from me and came out to Arizona to get some personal training. The weather has really made a turn for the better here in central AZ. We had bright blue skies, temps in the high 70’s and all the flowers were in bloom. It was a beautiful day to be out looking for gold!

Cliff has been metal detecting for nearly forty years. He has hunted for coins & relics all over the eastern US, but had never looked for gold before. Finding a real gold nugget was on his bucket list and I was happy to be there when it happened. He purchased the Minelab Equinox 800 so he could do some prospecting, but also still chase relics when he got home. The ground where he dug his gold was dark red with scattered ironstones. We had to turn down the sensitivity a touch to keep it stable, but it still had no trouble picking up a half-grammer with the stock 11” coil. 

Danny and Don are cattle ranchers from Utah who were struck by gold fever. They wanted to get the very best, so they opted for the Minelab GPZ 7000’s. They were amazed at how complicated the machine looked, but was in reality really easy to operate. By lunch time they were locating and recovering targets all on their own. One of the targets took us what felt like ages to get out of the ground, but that effort was rewarded with a shiny yellow nugget! It was under a gram, but finding gold with a new machine the first day out is always cause for celebration. 

I really enjoyed our time out in the field, and I want to thank you all again for the business. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon; in the meantime – keep that coil to the soil! :)

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

IMG_6974b.jpg

az6.JPG

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6975.JPG