Jennifer Bond

Victoria Gold Fields GONE possibly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT good news and pray that the tree hugging snowflakes on this side of the pond don't get any ideas!!!!!!!!!

http://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t26551-2019-bendigo-ballarat-11-other-councils-seeking-world-heritage-listing-for-victorian-goldfields?_branch_match_id=666777127349818728

Some pics from one of my trips in 2014.

Jen

15132017301.jpg

14946533778.jpg

GOPR0036.jpg

15134995785.jpg

15110089226.jpg

G0030069.jpg

15130104711.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

I encourage any of you who think that before you'll leave this planet that you hope to at least once experience that once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time on the Victoria Goldfields reach into the couch cushions and if you find a couple extra dollars, here is the GoFundMe for this cause... they have a Facebook page as well, I'm no on Facebook but have confirmed, this is the correct link:

https://www.gofundme.com/xtuq3-bush-user-groups-united?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B5332-donation-receipt-adyen&utm_content=internal

If we don't stop this feces NOW, it will be a firestorm of proportions we won't be able to stop..... the tree huggers in BC are already talkina about making EVERY area with chinese washed rocks a historical site, that's the entire length of the Fraser River, I lost one GREAT claim in BC called the Haylmore claim because it was turned into a historical site...

We need to stop this!!!!!!! Before it's too late.... help them help us folks.. before we look at our brothers and sisters in Victoria and wonder what happened... the greenies won't stop there....

Here is the Facebook, but again, the GoFundMe link is above and confirmed to be the appropriate one.

Thank you everyone...it may be a dysfunctional one, but we're all part of a big family world wide and we need to support our brothers and sisters wherever they are.

PS: This forum is the only forum here in the US that I bother posting stuff on, (it seems to be the most drama free) so please share this info on Steve's, etc.... thank you all.

Here's your chance to out due me Adam, a playful challenge... after all these years and all the bantering back and forth, I challange you to match my donation.... in the interest of our hobby.. show me up!!!!! Let's put those nuggets you have where your mouth/fingers is/are... maybe I'll counter your's with a follow up one... game on??????

Jen

All those awesome pictures we google at of HUGE finds down under folks....... will be no more!!!!! All those dreams of trips down... will be no more.....

Take my lead..... (I've blurred out the amount I donated cus that's not why I'm posting this)... let's show them that those of us on this side of the pond care as well, they're already feeling the guilt burn of being outdone buy a yank, let's keep it going... a little rivalry to save the gold fields...

$1.00 or whatever you can spare.... let's help them save us all!!!!!! Show them that all of us who fly down there and detect on THEIR land, are not just takers..... we want to give back...

https://www.gofundme.com/xtuq3-bush-user-groups-united?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B5332-donation-receipt-adyen&utm_content=internal

Jen

goldfields.jpg

If anyones interested in making a donation, I may be interested in matching you.... keep in mind, I'm poor white trash so am not rich, but if you are thinking about it, and need a push over the ledge... let me know.... let's show them aussies that we care.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I tend to agree with you that this is probably not good news. On the surface its sounds okay. Conserving for future generations is positive and so is helping the local economies by bringing in tourism, but to be honest, I’m not 100% convinced this is really the end goal these organizations have in mind. I have traveled quite a bit in this state over the past twenty years and can say that the land surrounding the old mining centers like Ballarat, Dunolly, Bendigo, etc. are absolutely beautiful. There are thick forests, green grass-filled pastures and tons of history. But what I don’t remember seeing were ruins or ghost towns. I’m sure some must exist, but for the most part the only visible signs of the old-timers we found were their diggings and rusty can piles. So I guess my question is this, “What exactly are they trying to protect?”

Ensuring that the original Victorian era buildings in the towns are preserved makes total sense to me, but does that include all the undeveloped gold-bearing land on the outskirts as well? If this is the case, I have to wonder why. Will tourists from around the globe really come to photograph a paddock with sheep in it? What will happen to the claim (lease) holders? Are they simply out of luck? It just seems strange to me. Making this land off limits will kill the livelihoods of small scale miners and essentially rob the country of the immense wealth that still remains in the ground. Maybe I’m just overly suspicious, but I can’t shake this feeling that Ms. O’Rourke and UNESCO may have plans of their own that have nothing to do with tourists or the welfare of the Australian people.

I know most of us on this forum do not live in Australia, but if something like this does go through there, it is reasonable to think that there is a chance it could happen here as well. Scary stuff…Thanks again Jen for posting this info, please keep us updated if you hear anything new. 

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v5.jpg

Yup Chris, those are the fields we both love and know so well..... those are the ones we're trying to save.... nice specie....

Take care

Jen