Hi All,
Nugget Finder has just released what is the first in a series of brand new DD coils. They are called the X-Search and are compatible with all Minelab GPX, GP and SD series gold detectors. I just got my hands on the 25” and was thoroughly impressed with the finish and quality. It has been so hot here in Arizona that I haven’t had a chance to field test it yet, but now that the monsoons have started it shouldn’t be much longer. I will definitely keep you all posted on my findings. I am also finalizing a price in $USD and will have that this week. I hope to have a batch of these coils available for purchase in September or sooner. Below is some additional information from the manufacturer:

NUGGETFINDER 25”DD X – SEARCH
 Standard Features Include:

•    Fantastic Depth on Large Gold combined with Massive Ground Coverage at Full Depth 
•    Ability to run Normal Soil Timing in Highly Mineralized Ground (GPX Series)
•    Super Strong Polycarbonate Reinforced Shaft Mount
•    Pressure Regulated ABS Shell
•    Divinycell Core  
•    Combination of Spiral & Bundle Windings
•    Litz Wire
•    Water Resistant to 1m
•    3 Year Warranty
•    Weight 1650-grams
•    Compatible with all Minelab GPX, GP and SD series gold detectors

* more photos to follow soon

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

Makes me wish I still had my GPX! 🙄

SlowNLow, if the ground mineralization is fairly mellow, I would opt for the 19" EVO. I have been able to easily balance a GPX with the 19" in most of the places I detect here in AZ. However, if you struggle to balance your machine with a Mono in your area and have to use either Auto Tracking, drop the Rx Gain, or use Timings such as Smooth or Enhance, then I would sit tight and wait on the 25" DD.

Hawkeye, the guys in Australia have said that smaller sizes are in the works. I suggested that a 15" X-Search would probably be a good compromise for most goldfields in the US. 

What do you guys think? What sizes or shape would you like to see?