Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Nice Multi-Ouncer!!!

I received a letter the other day from a friend and customer in California that had purchased a Minelab GPZ 7000 from me not too long ago. Inside the letter where a few photos that sure caught my attention. My scanner is acting up, but I was able to scan this one before it died...He detected this awesome 4 1/2-ouncer in a spot he had walked many times. If I remember the story correctly, the wash was full of deep iron trash and a real pain to hunt. Most targets ended up being a rusty sardine can or half of a shovel, but every now and then a nice nugget would pop out. I've detected spots like this many times before and they are hard to abandon because you just know if you dig enough signals eventually one will be a trophy. Luckily this was one of those times and he left for home with a beautiful lump of gold in his pocket!!! 

A big congratulations to the lucky finder. I really appreciate the photos. Hopefully my scanner will be back up and running and I will be able to post another of his finds (they get even better :)). Happy hunt'n everyone!

4.5oz.jpg