Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Great day - Bob scores his first Nugget!!!

Yesterday I held my first metal detecting class of the winter season, and I have to say it is off to a great start…I was joined by Bob and his wife Camille from Florida, and Tom from Nevada. Bob was retired Army and law enforcement and Camille was a retired firefighter. Tom is also currently working in law enforcement with the Sherriff’s Dept. just outside Vegas. I joked and told them that I never felt safer, and if I ever was going to have an emergency, today was the day to have it! 

They were a wonderful group of people, and we had a blast out there in the hills. The coolest part of the day was when I heard Bob yelling my name. When I finally reached him he had a huge grin on his face. He held up his green scoop and inside I could see a shiny gold nugget! We yelled and high-fived to celebrate his very first “detected” nugget! His wife came running over and we had a mini celebration right there in the desert. :) I felt so lucky to be part of that experience. 

It was a whole lot of fun and I want to thank them all again for making the trip over to see me. I appreciate the business and the new friendships. Here are a few photos from our excursion.  

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9169.JPG

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9167.jpg