Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Nugget Stalker Picks - NEW!!!

I just got in a small batch of the new Nugget Stalker Picks from Doc. My first impression out of the box is very positive. At roughly 2.5 lbs. the pick is light for its size. It has a wooden handle that measures about 22” long. There is a sharp point on the back for breaking into stubborn soils, and a wide head on the front that will make scooping out a hole a breeze. The price is $89.95. Check out the photos below and either call or email me if you would like to grab one…Great looking pick Doc! :)

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9297.JPG

IMG_9298.jpg

In case you're wondering why the front of the picks has tape on it, it's because it is SHARP.  Sharp enough to chop right through a stubborn bush so you can get your coil over that nugget.

The edges of the blade are bent in to facilitate quick removal of dirt from the hole.  The handle is made of premium ASH hard wood.

It's a solid tool!

Doc

Good to see an Aussie component in it.

Tasmanian Oak and Victorian Ash come from two near identical eucalypt species, E. Delegantensis and E. Regnans. While there are some minor differences between the two types of timber that are listed below, there are a remarkable number of similarities, making them often interchangeable. 

By the Way, This pick is also available with a nice size 1 inch by 3/8th inch round super magnet for an additional $10.  It is mounted to the top of the blade right over where the handle would enter the collar.  It is one of the magnets that has the counter sunk hole and is attached with a metal screw into the head.

Doc