Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Great Outing with Big Bug Mining District

I had a great time this past Saturday hanging out with one of my favorite Arizona prospecting clubs; the Big Bug Mining District. The club invited me to come and speak on the topic of metal detecting, and check out the newest mining claims that they staked. We had a good turnout of members, despite the chilly and muddy conditions.  I was happy to see many familiar faces, along with quite a few new ones. After spending some time covering the basics of detecting most everyone scattered to go find the $1 coins that had been hidden on the claims, which were redeemable for real nuggets. 

This was my second time speaking to the club and I enjoyed it just as much. They are a wonderful group of folks and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a small, personal club located in the central AZ region. For more information visit their website at: www.bigbugminingdistrict.com. Thank you again Owen, Kurt, Gail and the rest of the gang for the invite, I had a great time! See you all again soon! 

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9382.JPG

IMG_9394.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9407.JPG

I’ve visited BBMD meetings and it’s a great bunch of folks! Being out of state I only get to visit a few times a year, but they’re adding new claims frequently and growing by leaps and bounds. Owen and Curt are very knowledgeable about detecting and love to share that knowledge too! Sure wish I had been able to make that outing!