Sign in to follow this  
AZhunter

Over 20 years between pictures

Hey All,

The pictures are at least 20 years apart.  The first picture is taken along a major gold bearing creek here in Arizona, probably in the mid 90's.  The second picture was taken a few years back around Central, Arizona.  One guys aged gracefully, while the other turned GRAY!  I'll let you guess the characters 🙂

Great memories and a lot of gold found over those years together.  

Rob

pic2.jpg

photo.JPG

Looks like double trouble and you both still look like kids to me. Keep on having fun.

Hey Rob, wow what a blast from the past! Great stuff man, I love the pics. The good old days, when I had hair and the nuggets were stacked half a foot deep on the bedrock! :D If I remember right, that top photo was the day we hit that 1/4-oz pocket with your 4" dredge. Lots of good memories from all those trips we made into the back country. We need to plan something for the fall. In the meantime, here are a few I found on my computer...

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

35.jpg

Aaaahhh the good old days when we were young, skinny and the nuggets were easier to find. Great pictures Rob and Chris sure fun to look, at thank you both.

I may scan some on my old pictures and post them. 😏

Dick,

Post them up! The old pics are a lot of fun. Hope all is well with you. 

Dean

OK. I’ll give it a slow start.  A bit hard to find pictures.   No cell phone cameras and oh yes  no cell phones either. 🙄

Here I’m setting up to test my new (home  built) dry washer in the mountains east of San Diego.  Machine worked fine, found gold and had fun.

AD44A008-AE2B-42A7-885C-E664850C3B80.jpeg

DON’T GO DOWN THERE!!

Hard to believe that I was dumb enough to go sampling in old shafts.  I found a few specimens but took way to many chances.

5A59A4E9-075B-45AF-B97C-A64F7A5C309A.jpeg

CAA6C8DF-A55D-48DA-A00C-0D8FB32F42EB.jpeg

Hey Chris,

Great times for sure.  The top picture you posted, remember the Polaris Quads we used ..... LOL  I had to get a running start to get up the hill.  The crap we did back then to find some gold.  The second picture I know very well also, spent a lot of time back there with you and also myself over the years.  I still remember the "Guitar" nugget you found, I think you dubbed that wash - Guitar Wash.  

Also, that was one of my best (ours also) days dredging.  I think we ended the day with 7 Dwt's of gold with many smaller nuggets.  I did about 1/2 ounce one day dredging on the Black Canyon on a shallow spot of bedrock, just about blew me away how easy the dredging was, but it ended quickly.  

Dick - Great pictures of the past.  Always great to see them.  

Thanks for all the comments Chris and Fellows.

Rob

Dick those are some great old pics! You were much braver than I ...I have never liked going in to old shafts and never ventured far in to them. 

Dean