Sign in to follow this  
DOC

Is it really better? You decide!

Some posters on other forums rightly questioned whether the Gold SPOT™ Treasure Scoop was really any better than a regular treasure scoop.  Well, I already knew the answer to that question.  You see for a year I have been working on the Gold SPOT™ design.  I played with it I re-designed it, I proto-typed it 5 times.  I wanted a design that would speed up nugget recovery and make it easier to keep the nugget in the scoop and not lose it.

Remember, I'm the guy who had a catastrophic failure with the SAGA swing arm, and within days of release, I recalled them all from the field.   They just did not perform as they were supposed to.  I went back to the drawing board and sunk thousands more dollars into redesigning and perfecting the SAGA™.  I won't sell something unless I know it is a significant improvement over anything on the market.

But just to show you what I already know, I decided to do a little impromptu video, an experiment.  The video is unedited, except for the very end where I panned across an invoice with a customer's address on it that was sitting on the shipping table, I clipped that out.  Watch the Gold SPOT™ in action and see what you think.

Not to over-hype the Gold SPOT™ but one of the unique features of this scoop is that you can "HEAR" the gold.  I know that sounds like an outrageous claim, but let me explain.  When you get down to a small amount of dirt in a regular scoop along with a nugget and you agitate the scoop back and forth, the nugget does nothing but slide back and forth on the smooth bottom of the scoop.  When you get down to a small amount of dirt in the Gold SPOT™ along with the nugget and you agitate the scoop the nugget rattles back and forth in the trough or channel clicking against the sides of the channel.  Cool, right? 

I know we are getting quite a few Gold SPOTs™ out in the field and I would like to hear some feedback.  Although if you are like me you are probably staying in out of the heat.  -Doc