Jennifer Bond

Anyone running a Heckler trommel?

Hi peeps... anyone else here running a Heckler Fabrication 2410V trommel? I've had a Heckler 10" x 10' 4 stage (over under) high banker since 2011 and love it, just picked up one of his trommels, anyone else running one? Let' share tips n tricks.

https://www.hecklerfabrication.com/2410_V_PortableGoldTrommelWashPlant.html

Jen

1010_4_stage_in_B.C._Large_-771x579.jpg

heckler trommel 1.jpg

heckler trommel 2.jpg

oh SWEEEET.... I was torn between having him build me a commercial size drywashwer/blower like you have or running wet, luckily I have access to water so decided on running a wet plant..... I wish we had more options for big drywashers like yours, nice build..

Jen

Here in California we are limited with all the regulations, the only option for me is metal detecting and dryblowing. I built it three years ago but every time I tested it I found I had to do more modifications. Right now  it  works very good and captures the fine gold pretty good. Of course working alone it has its limitations as far as how much material you can run but still much better then the pick and shovel. The trommel will process much more material and you will have better results do to dirt clogs  broken down and its just a better recovery system with water. Anyways good luck! Hope you find some good gold....

I hear ya..... the other big one I saw like that had a little belt out front to take away the tailings, that made it easier for a single operator... might be worth putting on yours. Yes true, I have a lot of clay and calichi here so needed the extended trommel tube to help break some of it down.

Here's a video...

I had a belt similar to his , it has its limitations as it piles up rather fast cause it dumps right to the ground and the pile builds up and hits the belt 2:46 on his YouTube video . It would work well if it had a second conveyor that takes the waste   up and away much higher form the unit.  Then you can just use the front end loader and take it away.  Picture below was my attempt at using a conveyor , the problem I had was the belt was hitting the side of the metal enclosure creating major resistance to the  motor, hence it burned 2 motor at 400 bucks each !!! 😂 So after number 2 got fried i modified it to dump off the side. This way all I do is take the loader and scoop it and dump it, as for now it will stay as it is. The continuous duty vibrating grizzly screen works great and the rocks just shake down to the ground. 

dry 1.jpg

2 minutes ago, SlowNLow said:

Very nice,  about how many yards can you run per hour in the real world with one or two operators.Wish we could do that in California....😂

This one is designed for 30 ton per hour... according to Heckle's web site.

image.png.78e444ca1aad9b0f2bc431a9c8bc47d9.png

That Dry wash system is killer !!  But if Jen wants to run year round in gold basin and has access to enough water , the wet system may be the way to go. 

Drywashers are just so much simpler, and the recovery is better on fines