I have been out of the nugget shooting for awhile, having not done any serious detecting in about 8 years. For me, California gold was relatively easy to find, but I moved to AZ in 2015 and sadly stopped detecting. Business and other interests were in the way as well, but I'm back to it! I recently joined Roadrunner & I still have my trusty GPX-4500 and a collection of coils. I decided to add another more modern detector to the arsenal for bedrock. I purchased a GM1000 from Chris yesterday along with a new NF 14x9 Evo to replace my worn out 14" elliptical fiberglass NF from a long, long time ago that I bought from Bob Dansie. I was out for about 6 hours with the 4500 today using coils from 14" to 24" over some very heavily detected ground. Skunked! At the end of the day I pulled out the brand new GM and hit a small gully for 45 minutes. With the sun edging below the mountains and a cold breeze starting I hit these two little dinks in an inside bend of the wash on bedrock in the last hole I dug. What an amazing little piece of technology the GM is! 

I did not get to try out the new NF yet since it's still in the mail. Maybe later this week. 

Thanks to Chris for the new tools & outstanding service!

gm.jpg

Hey Mike, congratulations on those nuggets! It's always sweet hitting gold the first day out with a new machine.

You are going to love the new EVO coil on your 4500. It's an awesome combo for the type of country we detect here in AZ. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with; save me a few down there! ;)