Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just purchased a used GPX 5000 with four coils. The machine just has about one or two hours on it, and it looks brand-new as do the coils. Actually, only one coils was ever attached to the machine. Just wondering for here in Arizona, if I just wanted to retain one or two coils, which would you recommend that I keep out of these minelab coils:

18 inch round Mono

15 x 12 elliptical Mono

10 inch round Mono

10 inch DD round
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell them all and buy a Nugget Finder Evolution.... once you put one of them on, you'll never use any of the others..... ask me how I know..... if you don't want to do that and want to use one you have, depending on where you are the elliptical is handy for under and between scrub.

Jen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jennifer Bond said:

Sell them all and buy a Nugget Finder Evolution.... once you put one of them on, you'll never use any of the others..... ask me how I know..... if you don't want to do that and want to use one you have, depending on where you are the elliptical is handy for under and between scrub.

Jen

 

Hi Jen, Thanks for the advice...giving it careful consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would agree with Jen; the Evolution coils really brightened up my GPX. The 14x9" EVO is a great size for the AZ goldfields. 

If you can't go with the EVO, I would hang onto the 11" Mono and the 15x12" Mono. Good luck out there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris Gholson said:

I would agree with Jen; the Evolution coils really brightened up my GPX. The 14x9" EVO is a great size for the AZ goldfields. 

If you can't go with the EVO, I would hang onto the 11" Mono and the 15x12" Mono. Good luck out there! 

Agree with Chris, only add would be that if you're a relic hunter, hold onto a DD for discrimination.

Jen (super excited as my new Nugget Finder Z-Search coil Chris sent should be here today scratch that, just checked, won't be here till Tuesday... Yay, thanks again Chris)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jennifer,

I followed your advice & found a new Nuggetfinder 14"x9" Evo. mono from a guy who got it in a package deal. Tested on a few sub. gram .03 & .04  nuggets as compared to the ML 11" mono. Really a much better signal. Thanks again.

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nugget7 said:

Hi Jennifer,

I followed your advice & found a new Nuggetfinder 14"x9" Evo. mono from a guy who got it in a package deal. Tested on a few sub. gram .03 & .04  nuggets as compared to the ML 11" mono. Really a much better signal. Thanks again.

Bob

Super excited for you Bob, thanks for sharing your results. I'm very happy to hear my guidance worked out, you won't be disappointed in that coil, Evo's are my favorite and have found me lots of color.... and come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, see page 2 of the below link for a 25" DD Chris sold me.. in fact I just ordered one of their new Z Search coils for my GPZ which should be fun to use on my pounded patches... welcome to Evo ownership.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×