Gerry

Beautiful Photos of Gold Nugget

Here are some photos that I took last week while training customers at Rye Patch, NV.

AUMARC from TN. drove all the way to Rye Patch just so he could detect with some buddies and do better than last years 1/4 oz'er.

He does indeed and finds a nice 1/3 oz'er or 9.2 grams.

aumarc0.jpg Here is a nice golden smile from AUMARC.

aumarc1.jpg Snow capped Humbolt Range in the background.

aumarc2.jpg Golden Rattler with NV Gold Nugget (be sure and keep your distance)

aumarc3.jpg Beautiful redish/orange Spring Flowers with Golden Nugget

aumarc4.jpg Majuba Mountain in the background.

aumarc5.jpg Nice green rock (fluorite) as a pedistal for the nugget.

aumarc6.jpg Ground shot to get some blue sky and green grasses.

aumarc7.jpg Large Quartz Crystal in the background. Try not to get bumper of the jeep in photo..

aumarc8.jpg Purple rock (raw amethyst) really shows the gold.

aumarc9.jpg A Fingers length away...TO DANG CLOSE.."Do Not Try This, Very Dangerous"

I hope you enjoy viewing these photos as much as we had taking them and doing the trip.

Hope you get an idea of some ways that you can make your gold nugget photos SHINE..

Gerry in Idaho

Those photos go to prove that everything looks better with GOLD! :D:lol:

Guest Guest_RenoJim

Hi Gerry

Great pictures and hope to see you again at Rye Patch . I will be up in that area this weekend.

RenoJim

Hi All

Great shots Gerry ;) I had a great time last week and was lucky enough to snag another nice one.The hunting was pretty tough for all out there,the ground seemed unusually noisy for RP but this beauty could have been heard by any machine out there,this was just a piece of ground that never saw a coil :o

Hey Mark it was great meeting you and hope to see you again next time,good luck out there!!

Next trip I want a bigger one to keep the trend goin :D

Hey Gerry that`s great Terry (aka `Roughwater`) got a 1 ouncer the day after we left!!!!Maybe he won`t go to Alaska know and hang around RP!

That was a blast on Sunday night in Winnemuca and Happy 40th!!!

Cheers

Marc

I forgot to mention!!You did a great job keeping that Rattler`s attention for me to get that shot with the nugget,I probably should`nt have done it :blink: but he never knew I was behind him :unsure:

Marc

Hi All..

You really know how to hurt a guy...nice find!

The good news is...nobody got bit..but the bad news could have been, if somebody had got bit, he would have had just enough time to get to town before he drew his last gasping breath!

Have a nice day!

~LARGO~

Hi Gary

Your right about having respect for these critters ;) ,we never saw a snake the whole time in the hills,but got theses pics coming out, he seemed pretty willing to pose for the camera.I see way more venomous snakes here in Tn.I was mowing today and left the basement doors open and a 3ft. copperhead was sitting beside my beer fridge when I came back in :blink:I guess he wanted a cold one :P Had to get him out of there before one of the dogs got him.

The fire up in RP apparently got rid of most of the snakes for now anyway,but it`s very lush up there now and would expect them to get back in the hills.

Marc

Mark (MMSI). I'll see you in July down there and we'll get the water toys out this time since there is plenty of water this year. I had a blast working with everyone including those who already know a bit about these machines..guys like you. Thanks for your help. Hope you all do well down there and tell the gang "I wish you all good luck".

Wes- Thanks for the comments. Just an update for you and that nice 3/4 oz'er you found recently. To my knowledge at Rye Patch that was the biggest nugget I have seen or heard of for 2005..that is until last week. Seems Terry from NC who drove all the way out for some hands on field training with his new GP-3500 did one better. He was getting trained by me last week before his trip to Alaska and found a nice little one. Then after I left, he digs up a 32 grammer = just over 1 oz'er. You guys definitely have beginners luck because I have yet to hit any larger nuggets like those in all the years I have been detecting Rye Patch. So at this time for 2005, the largest nugget I know of from Rye Patch is 32 grams and I would like to see that record gets broken as well.

RenoJim- Good to year you are out there with the guys. Say "Hello" for me and best of luck for Memorial Weekend.

AuMarc- Your always thinking positive which is part of the success you and others have, keep it up. Yea I hit the big 40 last week.. Oh well, 40 today 50 tomorrow and worm food next month. That is why I live my life like I do..I do it, I live it , I breath it, I conquer it today because we don't know what tomorrow brings.

Leftie- Brave??? That was when I signed up for the USMC. Yea we got a little crazy (stupid) but you know..Boys will be Boys.

Largo- You are probably right in the words you said.

I'll be heading to Oregon today with my boss (the wife) for the extended weekend so I will not be around to answer any questions or post any snake photos.

Hopefully I'll have some other shots to share with everyone when I return.

Have a Great Memorial Weekend everyone and live it like it is the last..

Gerry in Idaho

Guest BIGFOOT

AU Marc,

Congrats on that gold piece......One ol Detectorist told me when the ground is warm and things are coolin off at night.The current from your ML will penetrate the natural (undesturbed)salts in the ground.Gold does oxidize(I've seen it happen).To that you also have a "GOLD HALO" around the AU,plus the electrons(from the AU are bouncing around more).Most metals will behave this way.......they are larger in actual size because of the molecular activity going on around them(maybe in the Halo as well?).If you get any better at this "DETECTORIST BY NIGHT" stuff....ya gonna make it to Cal?

Congrats to all you guys STILL finding it out there at RP!

BIGFOOT

Kamikaze, The green and purple rocks are not native to that area.

Peg-Leg John (a local) brings rocks out to sell to the visitors of Rye Patch. he always seems to show up when I am down there with a group training?

The gold rock is local as well as the golden rattler snakes and they can be found if you look in the right areas and spend enough time at it.

I was just notifed that Terry from NC found a 32 grammer (over an oz'er) withhis new GP-3500 and Commander coil.

The Rye Patch gold rush continues!!!!

Gerry in Idaho