Sign in to follow this  
Goldarnit

Pepper Spray on bees?

Has anyone ever tried pepper spray as a bee deterrent?

Guest Guest_earl_*

NO, but I think you should try it and then report back to us. :)

Guest Guest_Uncle Ron_*

Richard Doherty, over at Rock Springs, used to swear by pepper spray for bees...He told me he had saved his bacon a couple of times...He always said that rattlers and scorpions were simply not a big threat, but get into a swarm of bees when you're a buncha miles from no place and you'd be toast...He carried a couple of fair sized pepper sprayers every time he went out he said...So, sounds to me like it works...

Cheers, Ron

One of the things you learn in law enforcement with and unruly client is that if you spray someone and the wind is going the wrong way or you have to resort to offering the client some assistance in cooperating then you will probably get a dose of it yourself......use it sparingly and with the wind. Jerry

Guest doggie
One of the things you learn in law enforcement with and unruly client is that if you spray someone and the wind is going the wrong way or you have to resort to offering the client some assistance in cooperating then you will probably get a dose of it yourself......use it sparingly and with the wind.  Jerry

Or just get you one of those monster pepper sprays like the ones used by Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Guest Guest

You could use wasp spray, be careful with pepper spray, heck might as while use napalm hwile your at it, just kidding of course! :lol:

whatever you use,remember Satchel paige's words of wisdom.Don't look back something may be gaining on ya.You can't out run the bees or yellow jackets...Dave

Hey Ron,

I remember those big ol' cans of pepper spray that Richard used to carry. Those cylinders were about 8 inches long and he'd carry them on his hip for quick draw like a pistol! :) He was quite a character & one heck of a nugget hunter. Rob & I were with him one day at Soap Creek when he unleashed one of those cans on a wasp. Poor thing dropped like a lead sinker; of course I don't know if it was the poison or the fact that its' wings were coated with a half gallon of spray! :D