Sign in to follow this  
Montana

Photos- dual speakers

A good amp is required to run these powerful speakers. The Detacc and built in amp on the Reeds lithium have plenty of power. These I know will run it , others might also. photos===

Very nice... can't wait to get one. :)

Bob, great idea! I have noticed that my hearing is sometimes better with the sound coming from behind. I think part of the reason for that is that the little "hairs in the ear" are not so well used from that direction and the bones just behind ones ear help transmit the sound too. Anyway, I am curious if you have tried that angle as you are quite the experimentor....?

I will be trying this when the weather cools and I am back to the gold fields...

Fred

Fred. I did try them in all positions and this was best for me. Jonathan Porter says he feels that wearing a wide brim hat also helps deflect the sound toward the ears. Haven't tried it but it makes sense. ----Bob

Yo Dansie,

After talking to J.P. at the last outing, I tried a broad brimmed hat; it makes an unbelievable difference. I won't leave the shack without it when I go beepin' now. :)

You guys have hit upon my secret weapon, and now the cat is out of the bag, :( its not the Booster/Speaker combo that gives me all my deep nuggets it's the Akubra!!! :P

JP

PS Jeepers Bob :o you sure don't do things by halves do you? :huh:

Good on ya, J.P.

I knew it was the hat! :)

Hi All,

Montana, that is exactly what I planned on doing after I had enough

money to get the Reeds amp/battery combo. it only makes sense to

run two speakers. I really like the way you ran the wires from the

battery to speakers. How are the clamps attached to the webbing?

Rich

Actually running twin speakers with the Reed's Lithium Ion sytem is a good idea because the Booster is a little soft on them compared to the Super Sound Booster/speaker combo (This is not a bad thing because you can easily use the Reed's booster with headphones without having to worry about hurting your ears).

By running a twin speaker there should be quite a lift in signal response compared to a single version system. Hats off to Bob Dansie (pun intended I don't want too many people working out the secret is in the hat!!! :lol: )

JP

Jonathan. We hope to get the components before Chris heads your way. You will be blown away by the improvement in sound quality. I'll have to try my Stetson cowboy hat which should be even better than an akubura because of the much wider brim. Maybe even a Pancho Villa sombrero. I hope you and the family are having another good year---Bob

Rich . The twin speaker system will be available as an option from AZO in the near future with either the Detacc amp or the Reeds lithium system. The price will be very reasonable and I doubt that anyone will be able to cobble a clean, neat system together on their own for much less and get the same effect. Some ingenious guys will no doubt come up with their own . Attachment to the backpack or harness will of course be up to the purchaser because of the many different styles out there. I attached mine by heating up an ice pick and melting a hole in the strap where I needed the clamps. This leaves a clean , neat 1/8 inch hole that won't unravel . I then used a pop rivet gun to attach the cable clamps to the strap. You will have to use a backup washer to keep the rivet from pulling through. An easier way would be to use the ice pick trick and put 2 side by side holes a quarter inch apart and using small plastic cable ties to attach the wire to the shoulder straps. The speakers were attached to the strap just above the bungee by using heavy duty velcro squares. They remain firmly in place without the flopping around that I experience with the clip that is supplied with the Detacc. This also leaves both D rings free for the bungee cord. It is very easy to do no matter which way you go.----Bob

I wonder why my head phones wich have a mono and a stereo switch on them and only work in the stereo position but my speaker has no switch and is just wirerd however they do it. just thinking in circles. :blink:

Hi Rich,

The project is moving along, but slowly. We are awaiting delivery of some components to build Montana's dual-speak system, and hope to have them available before Christmas. We will keep everyone posted on the progress...