Sign in to follow this  
Paseclipse

What's gonna happen with the GP3500?

Hi Paseclipse,

From what I've heard, Minelab USA hasn't officially discontinued the GP3500. Only problem is they can't get anymore from Australia to sell to dealers, and they may never get anymore, so I would say it is essentially going to be phased out. I have heard that any remaining 3500's are going to other countries besides US & OZ because the GPX-4000 was only done in an English version.

Again, this is just the bits and pieces I hear. I'm not sure Minelab themselves really know what they are going to do.

Thanks for the response Chris!

So do you think there might be a sale on GP3500's in the near future? I'm asking this because I'm in the market right now to buy a GP3500 and instead of buying a used one, I might be better off waiting for a sale. I figure ML might do this since Christmas is coming soon and they still have some models to get rid of.

Paseclipse,

None of my business here, but gosh there are some really good deals on 3500's coming

up on these forums.

I wouldn't wait...

but, again, that's none of my business, B)

Just had to say something.

All the best,

Flak

Yes there are some good deals coming out right now for used units. However why would you buy a used unit when you can spend a couple hundred dollars more and get a brand new unit if there was a sale? I mean would you buy a used car if that exact same model were only a couple thousand less than a brand new one? I think not.

That's why I'm wondering if there might be a sale on GP3500's. Why would anybody right now buy a brand new GP3500 when for only $500 more they can get a GPX4000? It's simple economics

Paseclipse,

None of my business here, but gosh there are some really good deals on 3500's coming

up on these forums.

I wouldn't wait...

but, again, that's none of my business,  B)

Just had to say something.

All the best,

Flak

Hi Paseclipse,

I think when the 3500's came out some of the dealers had a

special deal with the 3000's. So if you are in the market for one

you could hold off and hope. But if I was going to buy one now I

would get the 4000 might as well get the newest release. I would

also buy it from Chris I think they are ahead of the other dealers

as far as knowledge goes with the 4000.

Rich

Hi Paseclipse,

I spoke with Minelab again today, as of now the GP3500 is not discontinued because they want to keep selling these units overseas. However, there are no shipments scheduled to arrive in the US for a long time, perhaps never. So basically whatever stock dealers have left is it. I think it will get VERY hard to find a brand new GP3500 still in the box before too long, so my gut feel is dealers will keep prices just below the $3500 mark. There will be plenty of used ones coming online, but brand spanking new with factory warranty will only get rarer.

Hi Rich,

I appreciate the good word. All of us here try to keep up with the latest products in the industry so when our customers call with questions we don't need to come up with excuses. We need to know the ins & outs not only because we sell this equipment, but because we're psychotic about nugget hunting ourselves :P I will have lots of GPX4000 info on the AZO website within a week.