Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Almost a Pound of Gold...

Hi All,

You don’t need to go all the way to Australia for big gold, there’s still some nice lumps left here in the US! The photo below was sent to me by a customer who is a professional prospector. Three weeks ago he got a nice signal while using his new GPX-4000, that signal turned out to be a solid, water worn 11 ¼ ounce nugget! :lol: I can’t say too much without risking his patch, but I can say it was hit in the western US. He just bought a Nugget Finder 20” monoloop for more depth, so maybe we’ll see some more slugs from him in the future.

Thanks again for the awesome picture! ;)

That will surely get your heartrate up. Nice nugget for sure and those are far and few between ...Well Done...Geo

Absolutely amazing! Makes my 6 nuggets yesterday for a total of 2 grams look like bubble gum money.

Congrats on a beautiful piece! How bout a play by play recount of digging that beauty?

Joe Kauffman

Hi Rex,

The US goldfields have been worked heavily by 1000's of men since the 1800's, even still, there are many big nuggets hiding between the Mississippi and the Pacific Ocean. California, Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington, & New Mexico are all prime for making nice chunks. In the last 2 months alone, I have been shown 3 nuggets with a combined weight of 45-ounces!!! :lol: All found with a metal detector, all found here in the US.

I had plans of detecting today, but the snow is coming down fast & furious up here...

Chris,

I figured you guys would be getting some white stuff today....it's been raining most of the morning here. Figures....Garrett and I are heading to the Barrett Jackson auction shortly. Great day to be outdoors! :huh:

G'day Chris, more info please, where are the pics? :blink: Which coils were used? :P , what detector? :P , how deep? :) , what settings? :P

Reminds me of the lump your friend found last year just before we filmed the "NHE" videos, now that was a sluggy piece of gold. :)

JP

Hi JP,

I don't have any other pics just yet, but am hopefully the lucky finders will allow us to use them once their patches are cleaned up. The 3 bits I mentioned were found with GPX4000s and GP3500s. All owners use NF coils, however I believe one piece was found with a Minelab 11" DD coil.

The nugget in the photo has the same look as the 11-ouncer found last year in AZ, but it is a different piece. This one came from an ancient river channel.