Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Scene from the Australian Goldfields!

Hi Gang,

Just trying out the new picture posting capabilities of the AZO Forum, hope this works!

Coming back from a long day of detecting outside of Meekatharra, Western Australia. (Left - Right: Steve G., Ardie J., Erik M., Chris G., Charlie C., Bob)

Oh My God,

I know that spot, just above where the picture was taken from I found some ripper nuggets a few years back. The biggest was 20 grams and real deep. A little further over the back and down some break aways I found a beatiful 6oz piece which was used in the advertising for the GP extreme here in Australia.

Quinns has been real good to me over the years :D

Jonathan Porter

PS Am I right Chris? :P

Jonathan,

That's almost scary - you are way too good! You must have been a tracker in a former life. Remind me not to post any pictures of the really secret spots :D

Chris

Hi Chris,

The lumps that came from in and around your pic was incredible! In the direction the track is going takes you to a place called Nuggety Gully, I would love to have a buck for every nugget that has come out of there. I will try to post a pic of "The BOSS", I have made it smaller using my e-mail program. Keep the old fingers crossed> :P

Jonathan Porter

Hi again,

I'm really having fun with this! Here is a close up of the nugget that Frieda found at Mc Donalds (I kid you not) :P

Jonathan

JP,

I almost just split my gut with laughter! Alyssa was looking at the picture of Frieda's nugget with absolute amazement. "What's up?" I asked her. She turned to me and said as serious as a heart attack, "I can't believe she found that nugget at McDonald's, do you think someone dropped it in the parking lot?"

I almost fell out of my chair! I explained to her that you probably meant McDonald's Flat, not the fast food chain. What a riot!

Who would have thought detecting the drive thru lane could be so lucrative :)

Chris

Sorry Alyssa ;)

Should have made that a little clearer (clear as mud! :D )

PS I'll have some Mc Nuggets and Fries to go please, hold the sauce! :P (Thanks Ronald Mc Donald) :D

Jonathan "splitting his sides" Porter (Ouch Frieda just bashed me )