Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Okay, see if you can get this one Jonathan!

Jonathan,

Allright, you have already guessed the location of one of the WA pictures I've posted let's see if you can get this one! Feeling lucky? :rolleyes:

I believe I snapped the photo sometime back in 2000. I took about 55 nuggets from a little slope to the right, Mad Dog came back a week or two later and snagged a couple more with the 18" mono. Any guesses?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I need a little more info, we have some guesses but don't want to give away our favourite spots either :P The red soil tends to suggest Meeka way, but the grass on the patch puts me off.

Jonathan

PS The pic below is of the 6oz and some others I was talking about in a previous post.

Jonathan,

WOW! - isn't that pretty! The one in the center is a real beauty, almost looks as if the indentations from the quartz crystals are still visible. That's the kind of stuff that makes all those hours of walking well worth it.

Okay, here's a clue about the picture. This gold-bearing area was named after a sedimentary rock, I betcha got it now :)

Chris

Quartzite? :rolleyes: or could it be SANDSTONE :wub: Gee for a couple of Hamericans you sure do get around. Doesn't that red ground just make you drool. Lets get packed up and leave right now, I'll meet you in Meeka and we'll go find us a virgin (patch that is). I know some good untried country out in the back blocks that is just waiting for us! What do you say interested?

We could be there within the week, and by the end of the next week retire to a life of...... (more prospecting I suppose) :P

Jonathan

Here's a pic of what it is like when it rains in the southern country!