Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

After much deliberation I have decided to award the prize to Peter Smith of Australia. Well done Peter, your specie will be winging it's way to you shortly. Thanks to all of you for making the effort and responding to the competition. I had to really do some soul searching here, but in the end Peter won through because he not only described how the Enhance function works for him, but also gave some excellent tips for out in the field use.

Jonathan Porter

Because he asked so nicely, I will be sending a nice little Specie or nugget (I haven't decided yet) over to Chris to give to Michael Hashka when he sees him. :P

Thanks very much Jonathan - I am leaving for Wickenburg tomorrow and plan to spend 3 days with Bob Dansie in and around Rich Hill and the remainder of the week exploring solo. I don't know if I'll see Chris while I'm there so I'll email my address to you. I really appreciate all of your stories and I have found that of all the various forums I frequent, Arizona Outback is my favorite! When I get back I should have some great pictures and experiences to share with everyone - hopefully some pictures of Arizona gold also!

Michael Haschka

Peter & Michael,

Congrats to the both of you for your winning "I Want that Damn Specie" entries, and a big thanks to Jonathan Porter for his very generous donation. Enjoy your new golden prizes!

By the way Mike, I have given Bob Dansie your new snakes chaps for your upcoming trip to AZ. I think you made a very wise investment. I was out in the hills today, this warmer weather has all the desert critters stirring. As a matter of fact, Joe told me he crossed paths with a 3-4' Diamondback just the other day. I wear mine year round, not so much for the snakes, but for protection against the cactus. Nothing worse than trying to detect with a legful of Cholla - ouchh!

Maybe I'll bump into you guys on the goldfields :)

Chris

Chris,

I just got into Wickenburg today and I'm looking forward to the next three days with Bob! We're meeting at Weaver Creek at 10AM tomorrow so come on by if you're out and about. I'll have to say it is really beautiful here, although a little warmer than I expected for Spring B) . I could have used the snake chaps this last weekend at Coolgardie in California where a Cholla had it's way with me!

Michael Haschka