Lunk

LUNK'S NUGGETSHOOTING SPREE

Howdy fellow prospectors,

Well I finally got out to the hills for a couple of hours this afternoon with my GPX-4500 and managed to nail a couple of dinks with the new NF 14"EMS Advantage coil; man that thing is HOT! B) The gold is small in the area I was hunting, so the 14" was definitely the way to go. I'll be patch hunting a new area tomorrow, so I'll have to take my new NF 24"EMSL Advantage coil for it's maiden voyage into the vast Nevada outback. Good luck out there! :)

- Lunk -

Good job on the gold. I got a buddy that uses the 17"Em and he is finding that small stuff your getting there. I don't have one, however wish I had one to try one the end of my machine.

Lunk,

Congrat's on the finds! Hope you find a couple pounds on your extented prospecting trip...cold up there?

LuckyLundy

Good job on the gold. I got a buddy that uses the 17"Em and he is finding that small stuff your getting there. I don't have one, however wish I had one to try one the end of my machine.

Hey thanks Nuggetslayer,

The legendary Smokey Baird literally loves his new NF 17"EM Advantage coil; he told me he kisses it every night before he takes it to bed with him... :blink:

- Lunk -

Lunk,

Congrat's on the finds! Hope you find a couple pounds on your extented prospecting trip...cold up there?

LuckyLundy

Thanks LuckyLundy,

Just a couple? <_< Yeah, it's pretty cold at night, but we're on a warming trend now; only down to freezing at night, woohoo! And besides, there's nothing wrong with cold gold. :)

- Lunk -

Lunk,

Nice couple of nuggets with the 14.

Best of Luck with the 24 and the huge nuggets in Nevada.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Didn't find a new patch with the new NF 24"EMSL coil today, but I thoroghly enjoyed the scenery...(here's one of your skyline shots, Reno Chris! :lol: )

- Lunk -

Lunk,

Chukar season opens this weekend so there''ll be a lot of folks out about. If you find a spot where there's no gold but lots of birds let me know!! :lol:

lunk,If you find a spot where there is no birds and lots of GOLD send picture with GPS cordinates.

Harry

Aha! So that's where you were...

What are you doin' way down there????

Last time I was down that way, there was a BIG wild stallion standing on that ridge, sizing me up... :(

Good to see you at IHOP, see you on the return trip.

I might be headed that way if the weather holds...

Did you get any snow in the past few days??

Gary

Funny, guys... <_<

No snow here! When I left Boise on Sunday, there was a skiff of snow in the mountains all the way down to McDermitt. :o

Well I hooked up with Ron in Idaho (who lives in Imlay now) today for a little nuggetshooting. It was a beautiful day with warm weather and blue skies; I went over a spot I cleaned out last spring and the new NF 14" EM coil was able to squeeze out one more dink from its hiding place in a bedrock crack. B) Ron had a great time and found a couple of little nuggets to boot! Thanks for the company Ron, and I hope you find that virgin nugget patch soon! :)

- Lunk -

Thanks Rich,

Didn't find a new patch with the new NF 24"EMSL coil today, but I thoroghly enjoyed the scenery...(here's one of your skyline shots, Reno Chris! :lol: )

- Lunk -

Man looks like a great place for me to go coyote hunting. I would have a hard time putting my rifle down.

Lunk, My friend Estile Hunt got a total of 16 Small nuggets with his 18''NF Advantage coil in two weeks detecting in the Rye Patch area last month.

Harry

Lunk,

Big storm is heading to Northern California next week. Looks like 3 to 4 days of rain and very windy. Toss the anchor out on your camper!

LuckyLundy

Howdy fellow prospectors! :)

Time for the daily gold report:

First off, on our hike to an old nugget patch, the legendary nuggetshooter Smokey Baird, his border collie Buster and myself were enjoying the brisk morning air and pungent scent of sagebrush when I noticed a faint sound; it was like somebody had partially twisted the cap off of a soda pop bottle and the gas was slowly escaping, making a hissing sound. Then the sound got louder, and as I looked back I noticed that Buster was curiously looking into a clump of brush. Suddenly I realized that the source of the strange noise was a RATTLESNAKE! :o Smokey and I yelled at Buster to get away, which he promplty did, and Smokey muttered that he sure wished he had his camera because it is rare to see a rattler in such a posture, standing erect and ready to strike. "Well gosh Smoke," I said, "I just happen to have my little digital right here on my belt." I proceeded to put the camera in close-up mode and, from a safe distance of about 20 feet away, zoomed in and snapped several shots. In the meanwhile, Smokey went back to the truck to retrieve his camera and pistol. You see folks, Smokey made a deal with rattlesnakes long ago and I quote: "If I don't see 'em, I won't shoot 'em!" Well, needless to say, after shooting the snake with his camera, you can certainly guess what happened next...one well aimed shot and it was all over for the sinuous reptile. :( It was definitely a first for me since, in my dozen or so years of roaming the southwestern deserts during the winter months, I have never even seen a rattlesnake until today.

Secondly, as I scrubbed my new NF14"EM Advantage coil over the familiar old patch, I wondered if it would see gold that was missed before; sure enough, I scored 7 nice little nuggets by the end of the day, for a total of 7.1 grams. All but one were 6 inches deep or less; the one was a good foot deep, believe or not. :o All I know is that nuggets have nowhere left to hide when you have the Advantage! B)

Dang Lunk,

That was a healthy and ticked off rattler!

You really need to have more skyline in your pics, just a suggestion, you see... :lol:

You always have interesting tales to tell, and tell ole Smoky thank you for returning the

little plastic bottle with my test nugget in it... Most people would have added the contents

to their poke and called it theirs, where Smoky asked folks if anyone had lost a little bottle

with gold in it.

The tough part about it was Smoky jokingly chastising me about littering his desert with

gold containing bottles!

Gary/LARGO

Wow!! Awesome snake pic. I've never seen one so fired up. Amazing the dog didn't get bit. It's odd this is the first snake you've seen in all the years and all the ground you've covered. I've seen a bunch of them in my time hunting and hiking around Northern Nevada. Now you know what they sound like, anyway. Keep the stories coming, Lunk.

Lunk,nice gold and a once in a lifttime picture of a rattler ready to strike. keep us posted.

harry

...tell ole Smoky thank you for returning the

littplastic bottle with my test nugget in it...

Gary/LARGO

I'll be sure and do that, Largo. :)

Yep, that was one gnarly mad rattler! Thankfully, the nugget patch was free of snakes today; it was a beautiful, sunny October day in northern Nevada...the kind of day where any nuggets found are just icing on the cake of nature's awesome beauty. I did happen to dig some icing, by the way; 3.3 grams between 4 golden dinks. Loving that Advantage! B)

- Lunk -

Lunk . Slowly but surely they are piling up. Looks like your trip is starting out well. There will be a "lunker " somewhere on your journey.----Bob

Lunk,

That is one nasty snake!

Great start with the winter nugget hunting.

Please keep posting your finds as the Washington nugget hunting weather is starting to turn and make detecting much more difficult.

Rich