mugsy

End of the year nugget

Winter is just around the corner so I decided to try my luck one more time before the snows came. I went to one of my favorite claims,one that I've had for years, and choose to do a little expanding of my usual detecting area. I had already been detecting for a few hours at another spot with no luck and this was the last place to check before heading home and some more pre-winter chores. I had no more than turned my detector on and was a mere 15 feet away from the pick-up when I received a great signal that almost sounded to loud for a nugget. Down about 6 inches out popped this rough nugget. Try as I could I just couldn't find his twin brother. Maybe tomorrow will bring just one more day of fall sunshine. I'll post another picture after it is all cleaned up and the sun is out so I can get a better shot.

Mugsy

SWEET!!!

WTG Mugsy!

- Lunk -

Mugsy,

Yep, we see why it's your favorite claim! Great find.

LuckyLundy

WOWSA WOWSA....... let's have a cleaned up pic with weight please

That is nice! Now we're waiting to see it cleaned up.

I know what you mean about winter right around the corner. Here in Montana we are having weather moving in now with wind, cooling off and probably snow

tonight or tomorrow in the hills. It wasn't supposed to hit till tonight and I was going to sneak out this morning but it's 35 degrees now at 10:30 AM so it's not quite warm enough. Sun was shining for a few minutes this morning but that didn't last. I sure envy all you guys and gals that live in the warmer parts of the U.S. But I don't like the idea of all the people and traffic and everything that goes along with it.

LeRoy

Got a chance to clean the little guy up and take some pictures, wished it had weighed more but a nugget is a nugget anyway you look at them. Now I need another day or two, hope the global warming continues (it's only 37 right now). Also sent a picture of our killer cat stalking the local turkeys.

Thanks, Mugsy

Wow Mugsy you have some really nice nuggets in your area I hope they keep coming for you I havent found anything to get excited about for along time but I'm thankful for the little ones, best of luck on your next hunt - Ronnie

Hey Mugsy,

I see your in Oregon. Is this where you found those awesome nuggets? Very nice. Just curious, as I am in Medford area.

Alan