Sign in to follow this  
WingNugget

Christmas Nugget :)

Hello Everyone, I had a chance to escape the holiday chaos of shopping, family,and kids being off for 2 weeks..So my wife

Angela and I where able to get out and enjoy another awesome Arizona day of beautiful weather and detecting..After

a bit of a late start we were off an on our way.. And After stopping in and saying hello to Montana and Redbeard out in the

goldfields Today..The wife and I went to explore an area I thought looked interesting on google earth. So after about

an hour or so of a very trashy wash I was making a leap across from one gully to another and got a nice soft signal

that kept repeating itself as I dug the target just started to scream, after a minute or two I got the signal in the scoop and

thought it would be another bullet on the hillside like that. It only seemed appropriate. As i kept going from scoop to hand I was expecting something small leaving a larger stone in the scoop I kept sifting the smaller dirt out not expecting it was the

stone..So I ran it over my coil and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..It about blew my ear drum out.

I couldn't have asked for a better day :D Joe

Thats a really nice nugget for the wifes christmas pendant --congrats on a great find !! :rolleyes:

Joe . That is a beauty. Uncle Ron and I both detected circles around that one. We got some nice gold on that area , but the weird place that one was hung up saved it for you . The old saying that" gold is where you find" it held true. Redbeard got a nice one , maybe 2 grams thirty or 40 feet away from where you got that one, right where it should have been in a small gully. Congrats!!! You are becoming a real "pro".----Bob

WOWSA WOWSA Great looking nugget!

Sweet two-thirds-ouncer, WingNugget!