Sign in to follow this  
Nuggetslayer

Pile Of Nuggets

My grandma lives about 2 hours north of me here in Yuba City, so I thought I would go visit her and swing my detector a for a little. I have been so busy around the house and been a little slow on the gold here so, I was ready for a little change of scenery. The weather was a little chilly but I headed out with my detector and thought I would take a chance and try to find a nugget or 20...I went to a area that I have read they have found gold before and started hiking. It wasn't long before I started seeing some old dig holes. Didn't look like anyone had been there in a long time so I started detecting. I spent a lot of time refilling old dig holes and picking up the cigarette butts from the tops of them. I hate when people tear up a spot and leave trash it, could ruin it for the next guy. I don't know why they stopped though, first target was a nice little nugget about a .5dwt. Pretty soon it seemed like every dig hole with a cigarette butt on it, there was a nugget sitting in the ground right next to it. I had a blast and kept at it all day and started taking my time and just going low and slow. On public land I was shocked the gold was this good, in what seemed to be a beat up patch with all the holes everywhere. After about 7 long and just the best hours ever I pulled out a bunch of nuggets for a total of 13.4dwt, almost 3/4oz. I had to get back to my grandma for dinner and then head home. I will be back there though and gonna have to take Lucky with me and finish cleaning that place out. Here is a picture of the pile of gold I found. Good luck out there guys and happy new year!

100_3116.jpg

Killer deal! Very nice pile. I know Yuba city as well as north of there. I grew up in Oroville. Just moved over to the coast last summer but will be headed back to the valley next summer. Have to look you up and do some detecting. I know of a few spots that should be great like yours. Awesome job. ;)

NuggetSlayer,

That drive up north to visit Granny was a good one! Plus, you got some pumkin pie!!! I don't know if I'll leave her house with that good cooking or decide to catch trout with one hand and swing a detector with the other? I'll find out this Spring. Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

Way to go Jeff......... previous guy must have run out of cigs........

Very Nice Jeff!!! Does your Grandma want any more "grandchildren" to come up for a visit? - Terry

Looks like you didn't see much of your gandma! :rolleyes:

Friggin AWESOME!

Glad I could help you guys out, we had a good time.

I was kind of hoping you would have waited a little longer before posting so I made sure it's all cleared out but that's ok.

Come up again as soon as the weather clears.

Here's a pic of that specimen Rick:

EODseal,

I'll make it next time for sure...Jeff, told me about that nice one you got. Congrat's and save a few for me!

LuckyLundy

My grandma lives about 2 hours north of me here in Yuba City, so I thought I would go visit her and swing my detector a for a little. I have been so busy around the house and been a little slow on the gold here so, I was ready for a little change of scenery. The weather was a little chilly but I headed out with my detector and thought I would take a chance and try to find a nugget or 20...I went to a area that I have read they have found gold before and started hiking. It wasn't long before I started seeing some old dig holes. Didn't look like anyone had been there in a long time so I started detecting. I spent a lot of time refilling old dig holes and picking up the cigarette butts from the tops of them. I hate when people tear up a spot and leave trash it, could ruin it for the next guy. I don't know why they stopped though, first target was a nice little nugget about a .5dwt. Pretty soon it seemed like every dig hole with a cigarette butt on it, there was a nugget sitting in the ground right next to it. I had a blast and kept at it all day and started taking my time and just going low and slow. On public land I was shocked the gold was this good, in what seemed to be a beat up patch with all the holes everywhere. After about 7 long and just the best hours ever I pulled out a bunch of nuggets for a total of 13.4dwt, almost 3/4oz. I had to get back to my grandma for dinner and then head home. I will be back there though and gonna have to take Lucky with me and finish cleaning that place out. Here is a picture of the pile of gold I found. Good luck out there guys and happy new year!

100_3116.jpg

way to go that sure looks like a good day..for redding goldfields you could not ask for more..no matter how pounded a patch there is always more to get..

WTG on the pile o' nugs, Nuggetslayer! I always detect OPD's (Other Peoples' Digholes) wherever I see them; often, gridding the area produces even more nuggets than they left in their holes and piles! :)

Man--what a great catch of nuggets--super finds. And it's quite interesting that the cigarette butts were by the gold--maybe a Marlboro smoking Leprechaun was standing by where his pot of gold spilled over the desert as it rolled along the rainbow--perhaps he was trying to pinpoint them and leave little markers so he could gather them up again? Makes you wonder . . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Boy when i first read this post i thought man How lucky ,or good, is that to just take off on public land and find 8 nuggets. I research and hunt new spots every weekend and have only found a couple of good looking places not claimed already. I didnt feel so unlucky when a few post later it turned out you had a guide. Anyway you look at it nice buch of nuggets. My last prospecting trip was to redding. Didnt make it though broke my arm at camp before i got there.

Matt

Oakwoodtrucker,

Now, I know your not starting this stuff from last year all over again! Jeff, did find all them nuggets...just come on over and take a close look at them. He and I are not hard to find.

LuckyLundy

Oakwood why would I lie about nuggets I found? I found everyone of them nuggets, if ya like you can bring your scale over and weigh them out... If ya don't like my post or what I got to say then keep to your self, I don't need your drama. Hell its not my fault everyone out there left all that gold, if they never got 3/4 of a ounce of gold off them they must not have been that great of patches in the first place. Alan thanks for the hunt, lets do it again here soon!