Sign in to follow this  
mugsy

Australian Trip

I and a few friends are thinking of heading to Australia this year to do a little nugget hunting. I have done some research, contacted a few people and read the Australian Gem and Treasure magazine, but what I was wondering is if anyone here has made the trip there by booking on one of the tours that are available. For our first time there and on a limited time frame I really don't think that we want to go in cold and make all the plans and connections ourselves. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or recommendations??

Thanks, Mugsy :blink:

I and a few friends are thinking of heading to Australia this year to do a little nugget hunting. I have done some research, contacted a few people and read the Australian Gem and Treasure magazine, but what I was wondering is if anyone here has made the trip there by booking on one of the tours that are available. For our first time there and on a limited time frame I really don't think that we want to go in cold and make all the plans and connections ourselves. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or recommendations??

Thanks, Mugsy :blink:

Depends on which State or goldfield you want to go to, Western Australia is a little more difficult due to the vast distances from the major airports and the expense of internal/domestic flights. If you want to check out Victoria's Golden Triangle then get in touch with this guy Golden Triangle Tours I can vouch for his professionalism, just tell him JP sent you. :D I think Fred Mason from this forum is planning a trip to WA this year with a tour group but from memory he was telling people they were pretty much booked out, maybe he can let us all know more.

Hope this helps,

JP

Thanks JP, I have been in contact with Golden Triangle Tours after getting a recommendation from you earlier, it seems like a great opportunity and from what I've learned from Greckie that's probably where I will go. But I am just testing the waters to see what else is there and what, if anything, anybody has to say about other places. Thanks again for all the help you've been.

Keith (aka Mugsy)

Hi Keith;

goldprospectinginaustralia.com.au

I just checked their site and all Wa tours are full...my trip to Halls creek will be my first with Mark and company...I have arranged a vist down south after that tour...but still need to work something out for a week or two prior to Halls Creek...things are costing a lot because of the exchange rate but life is short and uncertain so i gotta go!

You might want to get Doug Stones new book from Chris...it has a load of information on locations and advertisements that may get you local information...

Fred