Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard

AZ weather reports

Here in Chino Valley we have 7+ inches of wet snow. Had to go knock it out of our young trees so the branches wouldn't break. The NWS said the snow level was to be around 5500-6000' but we are at 4900 so they missed by a little. A friend in Flagstaff just went out and measured 23". I heard there was 2" of snow in Camp Verde at 3000'

Hey Chris,

Here in North Peoria its pretty much a lake wherever you look. Backyard & roads are completely flooded; it's a strange feeling to have such a warm storm this late in the winter. My Dad is in Forest Lakes up north of Payson on the rim and he has close to 4 feet on the ground as of this morning. Here's a shot of him blowing snow early yesterday morning.

Joe

Funny...just as I posted that my Mom sent a few more recent pics. The fence to the right is a 5 foot tall fence so it's definatley starting to pile up good now.

And here's a 12 foot tall Tough Shed...

Joe

The govt. weather office is predicting that the Hassyampa River will crest at 16.2 feet at 11 AM on Friday near Morristown..It's over 8 feet right now (Noon Thursday)...I did a survey yesterday of LSD, & Red Basin near the Vulture Mine on Wed., and there already was significant movement of material in the washes and gulches...That was before today's monster showed up...There's been some pretty good flashflooding all around Wickenburg and it's still going on now...Cheers, Unc

1 PM update....Just took a drive downtown to check on the H. River at the bridge in Wickenburg...It's flowing but not really looking all that bad...Unfortunately, I got a flat tire and just spent most of the last hour drenched and windblown fixing the tire in the parking lot of the Nugget Restaurant...Ironic huh???? :rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

Ron. I just left Wickenburg at 12:30. The heavy rain was just beginning . Just checked the radar and heavy rain extends way out into the Pacific still and Baja from San Felipe north is solid rain . They say at least 24 more hours of this and the heaviest still to come overnight. It's a mix of rain and snow up here on the hill with 30 to 40 mph wind right at the moment . Still have power but don't expect that to last too long. I have all the flashlights ready to go. Saw some trees down in Congress and some rockslides on the road on the way up the hill. I'm loving it!!!! Gained 4 pounds sitting around the last few days, but plan on walking it off if the rain ever stops. I wouldn't mind seeing another 10 inches, that would scour out that old stale dirt in the gullies.-----Bob

Where in the Hell's all the Rain????.........I think those weather-dudes are all on drugs,...that or they are more concerned about the Califorinians and Flatlanders in the state(Phoenix and Whickenburg) who are obviously Down-stream of "us-uns" who occupy the hill country. Thus far in Prescott Valley all we have had is about an inch of snow, which is pretty much turned to slush due to the "d-r-i-z-z-l-e" there after. But no real rain so far. I was over on the Lynx yesterday and I could have walked faster than it was actually flowing. The ground is pretty saturated by now, so If these weather systems will ever "KICK-IN" and quit screwing around, it should Scour the washes up here down to bedrock and make it all worth while. Until then I'll just keep feeding my new wood burning stove that I just installed (before the storms) and keep compfy and cozy-worm like a bug-in-a-rug, and hope that these storms do indeed turn out to be as serious as the weather center has warned.

Gary B)

Gary. It's over here on this side of the mountains. Over 4 inches in my rain gauge. and still pouring. The washes are flooding big time.-----Bob

Here's the creek that runs behind my house. All was quiet until noon and then everything must have reached the saturation point. These pics are from 2:30 pm thursday. They're saying 36 more hours of this. This is THE BIG ONE.At least for the southwest side of the Bradshaws.The mountains may have blocked most of the moisture from getting to the east side. -----Bob

You guys over in Az. usually get it after we do here in Calif. And it's still comin' down in buckets here. It's been raining steady here since early this morning. It started on Sun. and has been either raining or overcast since. It's supposed to clear some on Sat. Then rain again on Tues. I'm going to try to get out Sun. & Mon. Like you guys, I'm hoping to see a lot of dirt moved when I get back out there.

Just dumped my rain guage . It only goes to 5 inches and was almost there. If it fills up 2 more times , that will be great.-----Bob

Wow guys i left az. last saturday to come back home to northern wyo. because the family thuoght the weather would be bad here this week, but no it's been sunny and in the 40's a real haetwave for this time of year. Anyway hope everybody does well throughout this storm, and the hunting gets good after the wash.

Looks like my trip planning to Az next week is just about perfect. Keep on raining and washing across all that bedrock! Ya gotta love it. Stay safe guys ... see you in 10 days!

Mike F

Wow!! Just went scouting again and the creeks have doubled in size from 2 hours ago. Already 1.2 more inches in the guage in the last hour. Now they are posting tornado warnings for west and central Az.-----Bob

With the proper clothing, rain gear with rubber boots, chest-hip waders, or wet suits on. You people can finally and briefly use your highbanker combos(with a suction nozzle) and small suction dredges in the southern AZ and CA desert!!

Can a person get any kind of highbanking or dredging permit for Arizona?

Latest flood alert says the Agua Fria river at Black Canyon City will crest at 31 feet early friday morning . Wow , 31 feet deep in a place that is bone dry for most of the year. -----Bob

You're getting some mighty impressive weather! Be careful out there. I think a summary of Sir Winston Churchill's musings about a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, cloaked in an enigma is a pretty appropriate statement about the weather you're getting.

All the best,

Lanny

Don't need a permit with a 3" nozzel or less in Arizona. - Terry

With the proper clothing, rain gear with rubber boots, chest-hip waders, or wet suits on. You people can finally and briefly use your highbanker combos(with a suction nozzle) and small suction dredges in the southern AZ and CA desert!!

Can a person get any kind of highbanking or dredging permit for Arizona?

SRP (Salt River Project)just made a statement that all of their reservoirs will fill and spill over from just this one storm. It's crazy, the rain was coming from the CA coast and now it's coming from deep down in Mexico which has warmed things up and now it's raining in the mountains on top of many feet of snow. Floods for sure in streams that start high up in the mountains.----Bob

Hey Bob,

Are you using the intellicast, or wsi weather radar? The pointed arrows give the cell movement direction, and the numbers on top of the arrows is the cell movement speed. You only get that info. on the radar summary selection. The radar summary is usually delayed approx. 15 min. from the normal radar page without data. You can predict fairly accurately when a cell with heavy intensity will nail your location by knowing the speeds, and cell movement, and distance from which its comming from. You probably already know this, but Bunker down. I want to see you find a lot of gold, but don't want you to go over the Niagra Anelope either.

Mark

Mark . I've gotten to where I can tell within minutes of when we'll get another big blast and exactly where it's heading. Lots of waterfalls coming off the hillsides and road cuts.-----Bob

What a crack up. Just saw some guys on tv up in Flagstaff who couldn't figure out why their chains weren't helping them get around. Turns out their car is front wheel drive and they had the chains on the back wheels. -----Bob

Now THAT'S funny! :D - Terry

What a crack up. Just saw some guys on tv up in Flagstaff who couldn't figure out why their chains weren't helping them get around. Turns out their car is front wheel drive and they had the chains on the back wheels. -----Bob