Sign in to follow this  
beatup

24karat glod hunters

Hello everyone,do'es anybody outthere know if the 24karat gold hunters club is still going,I see that their website has been suspened,I was going domn to congress and wanted to see if they are still doing their pushes on their claims.

If you plan to be in the Congress or Stanton area go see Les at the real estate office next to the Frog Rock Cafe (Cafe was closed last time I was there)and join the Weaver Min ing District ... Last year the annual fee was only $25 ... probably same or similar this year.

I'll be in Congress next week for the month if you'll be there and want to get together for a hunt.

Mike F

Don't know much about "Why Not" but i do recall seeing some of their markers last year. I'll probably hold off on Road Runners until I am a permanent resident of AZ sometime next year. I'm already a GPAA and a WSPA member as well so I feel with the three clubs that should hold me for awhile. I tend to free lance an occasional open space if it has no claim on it. I would imagine I will have to go a lot further back into the desert to find unclaimed spots this year. I'm OK with that but wish I had an ATV at my disposal sometimes. For the foreseable future though my own two feet will have to get me there ... it's the getting back that worries me! :rolleyes:

Mike F

yea I know what you mean, did'nt bring the atv this last trip down, had too many guys and prospecting supplies, but i am trveling lite this trip just me an atv 2 dectectors and a tent.

Would use the camper but friends took it the baja, going beach combing.

In this Month's (February) edition of Arizona Highways, there is a 3 page article on Elly and a small mention of her club there. It does not address much about why she sold everything, but does shed a little history of the area there.

Great photographs of Elly, Dan Edwards, Angel Morales and Clyde T. Congrat's to Elly - I guess. - Terry

In this Month's (February) edition of Arizona Highways, there is a 3 page article on Elly and a small mention of her club there. It does not address much about why she sold everything, but does shed a little history of the area there.