Sign in to follow this  

Hello all.....i could use some advise on the best probe for gold in bedrock......falcon?....detector pro pistol probe?....any suggestions appreciated.....also...just built a gold vac for under $100.00 insted of 2/12 in....weny to 1/14....{more small acces.}....this thing is WICKID....ORECK look out......looking for something that has some depth in cracks.....thanx

As for a probe ... the Falcon is the way to go. You might also consider a detector to do the same work ... strongly recommend the Gold Bug2 for that job. I think others much more knowledgable and experienced than I would agree.

Mike F

As for a probe ... the Falcon is the way to go. You might also consider a detector to do the same work ... strongly recommend the Gold Bug2 for that job. I think others much more knowledgable and experienced than I would agree.

Mike F

Thankx Mike, I have a Bug w/6.5 coil, just need somthin to get in those tight spots......

Yep the Gold Bug II is the thing alright. And the 6.5 coil does the trick. I saw a guy outside of Yuma rake off the top inch of small tailings of a 10 x 10 foot square and he then recovered three small pickers with his Gold Bug II. They were about three inches deep.