Sign in to follow this  
i'm a Congress...man

Am I a complete idiot???

A friend of mine offered me a GB2 with a 10" coil, and a brand new 14" coil, for 500.00.....and I didn't yank my billfold out!

After coming home and reading some more about the Tesoro LST and the GB2, I wondered why I hesitated......maybe he won't get rid of it for a day or two.

Does anyone know how they compare working on these hotrocks of AZ?

Congressman. Both detectors are VLF and will struggle with hotground and hotrocks. I personally prefer the goldbug2 over the Lobo. I've never liked autotracking on any VLF.----Bob

Idiot? No. But you passed up a GREAT deal! - Terry

I am thinking you are right Terry!

By the way thanks for the great weekend! I am replaying it over and over with everyone down here at the hotel I am staying at in Phoenix for 3 months. Maybe I will "infect" them with Gold Fever and they will come up too! LOL

I will definitely be back, and just in case I don't get thru to my friend up there, tell him I will take the Gold Bug 2 if he will hang on for a week. I found out when I got back home and read my mail that i have some perdiem money coming in 4-5 days!!! Praise God! He is right on time as usual.

I hope I am not too off -track for this forum, but cut me some slack, as I am a, "newbie with the fever!"

Congressman. Both detectors are VLF and will struggle with hotground and hotrocks. I personally prefer the goldbug2 over the Lobo. I've never liked autotracking on any VLF.----Bob

Thanks for the reply Bob!

I think I will probably solve my predicement and just end up getting both, try them out in my "new home" area and see which one is the most comfortable for me. Then of course I can trade the other one up for a Minelab 4500.........in a year or so..LOL

I am open and willing to listen to anyone with experience, I really am not interested in re-inventing the wheel, so I try to glean from others who have been there before me. Maybe I can avoid a few pitfalls that way!

Thanks again,

paul from TN

Your newest, "Congress...man"..(copyright Bob and Mel)

Paul ... If Montana says it in regard to metal detecting ... BELIEVE IT! Others will say the same. His knowledge and experience is enormous!

Mike F

We had a Great time with you Paul, and we are very happy you found some yellow stuff while you were here! I'll let Mel Know. Cheers! - Terry

I am thinking you are right Terry!

By the way thanks for the great weekend! I am replaying it over and over with everyone down here at the hotel I am staying at in Phoenix for 3 months. Maybe I will "infect" them with Gold Fever and they will come up too! LOL

I will definitely be back, and just in case I don't get thru to my friend up there, tell him I will take the Gold Bug 2 if he will hang on for a week. I found out when I got back home and read my mail that i have some perdiem money coming in 4-5 days!!! Praise God! He is right on time as usual.

I hope I am not too off -track for this forum, but cut me some slack, as I am a, "newbie with the fever!"

Idiot? No. But you passed up a GREAT deal! - Terry

A friend of mine was running a GB2 and was complaining about the hot rocks. I was running the LST 6x9 coil and there were hot rocks but I didn't think it was that bad. That was in Az. Up in Idaho I found the LST was one of the best vlf machines in an area full of hot rocks but still was not fool proof.

The Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, has been one of the best VLF gold finding machines on the market for many years. It does handle hot rocks very, very well. The key is knowing the machine in your hand. Whether you have a VLF or Pulse Induction machine, if you do not know how to use it, if you do not practice with it, it is as useless as the $2,500.00 Bowflex machine in the corner. Cheers! - Terry

A friend of mine was running a GB2 and was complaining about the hot rocks. I was running the LST 6x9 coil and there were hot rocks but I didn't think it was that bad. That was in Az. Up in Idaho I found the LST was one of the best vlf machines in an area full of hot rocks but still was not fool proof.

Terry ... How did you know about my ... ah ... 'the' Bowflex in the corner?unsure.gif my just happens to be the Crossbow by Weider ... similar idea but still unused! sad.gif

Mike F

The Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, has been one of the best VLF gold finding machines on the market for many years. It does handle hot rocks very, very well. The key is knowing the machine in your hand. Whether you have a VLF or Pulse Induction machine, if you do not know how to use it, if you do not practice with it, it is as useless as the $2,500.00 Bowflex machine in the corner. Cheers! - Terry

Hey Terry,

I am back in the area again playing with the GB2,,,,,I can see it is going to take field time to "learn" any of these gold machines!

To my credit and to the GB2's credit, I did find a number 7 1/2 birdshot 3 inches deep on a hill near roadrunner claim....I was amazed it hit this small target so clearly and it gave me more. Confidence that I could actually find a nugget if I go over one,,,,,,this birdshot had a totally different zip that the hotrocks......so it will be like learning a language of beeps,,,,or learning musical notes by ear,,,,it's all good!

Thanks again for getting me involved in a new great hobby,(way of life)

Paul

Hey Paul! You have the right stuff buddy. Great outlook and attitude. For you my friend it is just a matter of time and targets dug before you get that first nugg! Good Luck and see you soon! - Terry