Sign in to follow this  
GoldProspectinginOz

Minelab vs Whites lawsuit

If at first you fail, try try again!!! :lol:

JP

PS can the QED do this in 45 minutes?

P6130209-2.jpgP6130208-2.jpg

On some ground the QED leaves a 4500 in enhance for dead! That's why the QED is the subject of a patent application! Maybe BW has enhanced enhance?

all the best,

doug

constipation-1.jpg

On some ground the QED leaves a 4500 in enhance for dead!

That's why the QED is the subject of a patent application! Maybe BW has enhanced enhance?

all the best,

doug

Crikey Doug, what you say tells me that the new QED will be better than the enhanced 4500, and WILL do even better!! :lol:

QED "Patent applied for" eh? Hope Bugs gets the junior patent officer like ML got for theirs! :D

I see “The Spinner” is trying all tactics to divert from the subject of this thread (as before). :lol: :lol:

If you want to talk about your gold finds JP, create your own thread, or troll elsewhere!

What was this subject JP? ………… aaah yes, the legal battle between Whites and ML. May justice & good sense prevail.

Huego

CRIKEY, One DIVERSION AFTER ANOTHER .......... just look at them sunnysiders squeak!

Do you have to be a dealer or an endorser to be as angry as you guys? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug, Huego,

Thanks for all the special info you've been passing on to us forum members and, so I don't distract from the original message, I will say that if I really wanted to read about the patent stuff I could go to Rob's site and read about it there. I'm just guessing but I would say 90% of the people who read Chris's site also read Rob's site so why do we all have to see this again? Maybe you both should start a special forum where you can give us all the information we could ever want and you could direct those who back you and your thoughts there. Not to say I don't read these messages it's just that I get tired of them and hear the same message and crap all the time.

And, as you would say,

"All the best to you"

Mugsy

P.S. Nice nuggets JP, hopefully we'll meet up in Australia someday.

yes nice nuggets JP. 45 mins, what's your record???

215 ounces in 2 hours. :lol: Last night I had the 3.8 gram piece within 5 minutes but kept detecting until dark. B) But I had better be careful because we are getting off topic and Marshall/Doug/Huego might NOT like it. :(

JP

Basics of US Patents and the Patent System

Section 103

This section is most notable for its requirement that even if an invention is not identically disclosed and described in the prior art, and thus meets the criteria of section 102, it does not have a right to a patent if any differences between the claimed subject matter and the prior art are such that the claimed subject matter as a whole would be obvious to a person having ordinary skill in the art. This is the requirement that an invention be unobvious in view of the prior art, as well as new (ie, not identical).

all the best,

doug

There is a reason minelab has a monopoly on the market, They are the best, I wouldn't give you a nickel for a Whites V3i its an over priced piece of crap and I would put it against even the Safari and watch it get spanked. Just look at findmall in the V3 forum nobody has posted hardly any finds, they say its because they don't want someone to break in to their house and steel their precious coins but look at the FBS forums and you will see that minelab has cornered the market. It doesn't look like its going to stop anytime soon. Minelab is the Cadillac, everything else is just a Yugo. Minelab isn't going anywhere even if their service is a little slow. And I'm sure your not going to convince anyone not to buy the best.

BTW did you really create a forum so you and a couple of guys could bash Minelab? Maybe you should just call eachother on the phone.

There is a reason minelab has a monopoly on the market, They are the best, I wouldn't give you a nickel for a Whites V3i its an over priced piece of crap and I would put it against even the Safari and watch it get spanked. Just look at findmall in the V3 forum nobody has posted hardly any finds, they say its because they don't want someone to break in to their house and steel their precious coins but look at the FBS forums and you will see that minelab has cornered the market. It doesn't look like its going to stop anytime soon. Minelab is the Cadillac, everything else is just a Yugo. Minelab isn't going anywhere even if their service is a little slow. And I'm sure your not going to convince anyone not to buy the best.

If what you say is true then why is ML bothering to pursue this legal action for alleged patent infringement?

doug

If what you say is true then why is ML bothering to pursue this legal action for alleged patent infringement?

doug

I believe ALL companies have the right to protect what they consider to be their intellectual property and patents, don't you?

If Bugwhiskers had a patent on his QED project and he deemed someone had breached that don't you think he'd want to protect it?

I'm betting you'd squeal even harder if that were the case.

CRIKEY, One DIVERSION AFTER ANOTHER .......... just look at them sunnysiders squeak!

Do you have to be a dealer or an endorser to be as angry as you guys? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you related to Echidnadigger? He seems to be your long lost twin brother going on posts written.

I believe ALL companies have the right to protect what they consider to be their intellectual property and patents, don't you?

If Bugwhiskers had a patent on his QED project and he deemed someone had breached that don't you think he'd want to protect it?

I'm betting you'd squeal even harder if that were the case.

The difference is the BW patent will not be subject to challenge under section 103a! ie routine variations of prior art!

"Section 103(a) provides the mechanism to police the bargain. It states that no invention may be patented“if the differences between the subject matter sought to be patented and the prior art are such that the subject matter as a whole would have been obvious at the time the invention was made to a person having ordinary skill in the art to which said subject matter pertains.” 35U.S.C. ž 103(a) (2001). This section as enacted should prevent the patenting of routine variations of prior art!"

all the best,

doug

THIS IS SO STUPID. I would bet that every electronics company the size of Minelab/Codan or Whites Electronics is involved in constant patent battles. BIG DEAL!!!!!

THIS IS SO STUPID. I would bet that every electronics company the size of Minelab/Codan or Whites Electronics is involved in constant patent battles. BIG DEAL!!!!!

Agreed.

If these guys spent as much time out in the goldfields as they do on Google researching crap they would probably have a nice size poke. (as long as they were using a Minelab of course)

DigDeep

I guess I just don't get it, If you hate minelab so bad and you want to protest why don't you just fly to the corporate office and picket outside there doors. We are just people who enjoy a great hobby and want the best available to find our treasures. I mean its like going to a beef convention and trying to get people to become vegan. Are you just sad that you cant afford a nice machine, Maybe Chris could do a layaway for you. It really doesn't make any sense its a hobby, its not like we are out saving babies. The world may end tomorrow shouldn't we enjoy what we can today even if it is just finding a coin or a nugget, and not worry about who has cornered the market. :wub::blink:

You are correct! But in my opinion and that of others had the US patent examiners done their job and as Carl Moreland says ML had done their homework then the patent may well not have been granted. In which case their would be no law suite! In my opinion is an indictment on both the US patent examiners and ML that such a poorly written patent should have been granted!

all the best,

doug

Are you just sad that you cant afford a nice machine, Maybe Chris could do a layaway for you. I

Not true!

I could afford at the moment to buy at least 20x4500's for cash if I wanted too! Why would I do so when I believe I will ultimately have a better value money/performance non ML machine? What I value is genuine competition in the market place which fosters innovation and keeps a lid on consumer prices.A market monopoly of technology and product is not in the best interests of consumers.Also consumers need an independent watchdog, as a well known Aussie politician once said "to keep the bastards honest"!

all the best.

doug

Also consumers need an independent watchdog, as a well known Aussie politician once said "to keep the bastards honest"!

all the best.

doug

I'm a consumer and I don't need anyone to be my watchdog. The only "consumers" that I see crowing about "needing" a watchdog seem to come from your forum where you preach this intolerable rubbish to the sheep that listen. You underestimate the average Joe's intelligence. If he wants you help I believe he'll ask for it. Shoving your continual tirade of anti-minelab dribble down everyone's throats does nothing for your crusade. In my perspective it makes me more steady in my belief that you have it all wrong and you will never realise it as you are too far gone to get back.

The politician might have something there. I wonder if that's why many people disagree with you on the forums, and very few agree? Have you ever wondered about why there seems to be so very many readers who are against your beliefs? Is it like "keeping you honest"?

I'm a consumer and I don't need anyone to be my watchdog. The only "consumers" that I see crowing about "needing" a watchdog seem to come from your forum where you preach this intolerable rubbish to the sheep that listen. You underestimate the average Joe's intelligence. If he wants you help I believe he'll ask for it. Shoving your continual tirade of anti-minelab dribble down everyone's throats does nothing for your crusade. In my perspective it makes me more steady in my belief that you have it all wrong and you will never realise it as you are too far gone to get back.

The politician might have something there. I wonder if that's why many people disagree with you on the forums, and very few agree? Have you ever wondered about why there seems to be so very many readers who are against your beliefs? Is it like "keeping you honest"?

QldSandy your posts just just backup my own personal opinion of you and what I say to anyone who asks me about the advisability of buying any products or services from you. I advise them to have nothing to do with you or your business interests as there are other long established and professional ML dealers in Queensland who also do not post puerile and infantile material like you on web forums! One must pose the question : Is QldSandy an appropriate person to be a ML dealer?This is a question that the CEO of Codan/ ML may shortly have to decide!

doug

Ps

My own personal opinions on QldSandy are based purely and solely on what I have seen him post on various forums. If any of my posts on this matter have been interpreted by Qldsandy or any other person or persons as implying or could be directly or indirectly inferred or interpreted or deemed that he has has engaged in any form of misconduct or criminal behavior or dishonesty of any form or has ripped any person or persons in any commercial or non commercial activity, then I apologize to him.

doug

Edited by GoldProspectinginOz

I guess I just don't get it, If you hate minelab so bad and you want to protest why don't you just fly to the corporate office and picket outside there doors. We are just people who enjoy a great hobby and want the best available to find our treasures. I mean its like going to a beef convention and trying to get people to become vegan. Are you just sad that you cant afford a nice machine, Maybe Chris could do a layaway for you. It really doesn't make any sense its a hobby, its not like we are out saving babies. The world may end tomorrow shouldn't we enjoy what we can today even if it is just finding a coin or a nugget, and not worry about who has cornered the market. :wub::blink:

Exactly, you would think this was the BP oil disaster, I just can't see it.

You are correct! But in my opinion and that of others had the US patent examiners done their job and as Carl Moreland says ML had done their homework then the patent may well not have been granted. In which case their would be no law suite! In my opinion is an indictment on both the US patent examiners and ML that such a poorly written patent should have been granted!

all the best,

doug

Doug . Since you agree that this type of patent squabble isn't uncommon, and is in fact the norm in many industries, why do you insist on using this lawsuit as an excuse to spread your poison on our US forums? I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but the incredible irrelevance of the whole thread just seems like a waste of space. ----Bob