Sign in to follow this  
Hotrock Mike

Minelab Repair Service

It looks like minelab has turned a corner on their customer service and repair. I sent in my 4000 for repairs on the 12th and recieved it back yesterday. I called before sending it in and on the second ring a friendly and helpful person answered the phone. My machine was well used and would no longer power up correctly. They decided it had other problems as well and simply shipped me a new control box since they thought repairs would be extensive. It was all covered under warranty and there were no hassles. They never actually contacted me again UPS just showed up with it. Thanks Minelab, keep it up.

Mike

Mike. That's fantastic news!!!! What a turnaround from a few months ago. I hope they continue to provide this type of service. We should be hearing from others soon, telling of their experiences with the service center. ----Bob

I know that this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let eveyone know how my experience went with sending in my 11" mono coil. I sent it in because it was faulty. It came back and I was told that there was nothing wrong with. The next time I used it, it was worse than before. So I sent it back again, after about a month of waiting and no responce, I called to find out what was going on with it. I spoke to one of the service tech's and he told me that my problem was a first for him. (He was the guy that checked it the first time) It did show that it was bad. He told me that it was inadvertently put on the wrong shelf, he then told me that he would check it that day. He called me back in about two hours and said that it was indeed a bad one. He also told me that I would be getting a new coil sent to replace the one that I had sent back to them. Not only that, he said that for the inconvenience I would be receiving a merchandising pack. (which I thought was just going to be a few small items) Well today I received my coil back, PLUS (what felt like X-Mas) a ball cap, real nice back pack, Mini-Mag Lite (in a presentation case), first aid kit, coffee mug, travel mug, aluminum water bottle, clip-on insect repellent spray, clip-on hand sanitizer and a ball point pen. (All with the Minelab Logo) Needless to say, that I am very happy with thier new service department. I do think that they went above and beyond what was necessary to make things right. For that, my hat's off to Minelab for their great service. I'm sure that everyone else will have the same service with them.

I hope that everyone finds themselves a BIG nugget.

sourdough

Well, geeze...I'd just like ML to follow through on what appeared to be a great pick up after a miserable initial display of non-reaction...Had some good follow through, but then it appears I've slipped through the cracks again...Bummed!!! Going on a month now with nothing to show, but at least I put in some time and got my eleven year old Ba-boo 2100 running again ... Still not able to hunt the super hot ground the 4500 was supposed to be able to, but I'm sure this will all work out fine at the end of some indeterminable time frame...Hope that time frame is before December 2011...Come on ML, let me hear from someone there..Appears the squeaky wheel only gets the grease until it quits squeaking...Kinda more bummed now... Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Ron,

You hang in there...I'm dreding the day I have to send mine in and use Robin's and have her stay home, or is that I may have to stay home or worse dig her gold she detects! I hope Minelab Repair Department just sends you a new unit.

LuckyLundy

I am about to send in my GPX-5000 for repair. I will let you know how it turns out.

My 5000 has started making echo or confused signals on every target. I think the problem

affects ground balance as well because it started to drift. Not Good.

-Don

Sending my 4500 in again on Monday. Cooked another one :blink: this will be my 4th time in for repair and probably 4th control box. This time the audio went away almost completely and the screen whent blank intermittently. I would have to turn on and off several times and twist knobs back and fourth to get it going. I guess it's a good time to die since my warranty is going to end in a couple of months.

Funny thing about it is I really baby my detector and am super gentle with it during use and during transport. It always gets a pillowtop ride. I have had more trouble with it than anyone else I know with similar models. Other guys I have hunted with toss em around, throw em in the back of trucks and pound down dirt roads with em bouncing around, drop em, and theirs always work just fine with never a problem LOL. Maybe I shouldnt be so nice to mine and show it who's boss! :lol:

DigDeep

DD ... Your 4500 is embarrassed in the company of all the roughy-ens and to show them it is not a whimp it puts you on the sidelines! smile.gif

I don't baby my 4500 or my 5000 but it does sit on seat in the back of the truck during transport. With the AZO control box cover to protect it a bit I am not afraid to put it down a little less than gently ... I don't throw it down but occassionally I let go before it is on the ground. They will take some hard knocks but abuse is probably going a bit beyond their tolerance. Treat it like you would a teenager if you were that teen's dad. A little spanking now and again puts em in their place! OH Boy ... having said that I will probably hear it from someone about child abuse! smile.gif Oh well ... it hurt when it happened to me but never hurt me in the long run during my childhood ... I was no angel! smile.gif:)

Good luck with the repair.

Mike F