SGRAN - Stop Gold Rush Alaska Now

PAGRA - Prospectors Against Gold Rush Alaska

SGRAM - Stop Gold Rush Alaska's Misinformation

MIHTIHAHS - Man I'm Hungry, Think I'll Have A Ham Sandwich

;) Terry

FGRAN!

Where's the unsubscribe button.... you guys are filling up my inbox with garbage... the show was bad enough without all the one liners to follow.

Found it, disregard above post, there's no "delete post" option...

Cheers

Jennifer

Where's the unsubscribe button.... you guys are filling up my inbox with garbage... the show was bad enough without all the one liners to follow.

Cheers

Jennifer

I guess that means it's OK to go ahead and post our quip one liners?

Cheers

Jennifer

LMAO. NOW everyone go to your rooms.

Dont be haters!! :D:D The shows a wrap and they missed the glory hole by a few days, if they haddent screwed around in the beginning they might not have run out of time.

I was wondering how long it would take for this post to rear its head again :ph34r: , 7500+ views...WOW!! Like the show (which i do) or hate it, you gotta admit its a hot topic! The last "Wrap up" show last week was cool, it appears they will have to start all over again. As far as being "losers" i think they are far from that, Todd showed one of the new pieces of equipment for next year and it was one of those massive dump trucks...you dont buy one of those if your a loser. The gold these guys are looking for...is not necessarily in the ground and it appears they indeed have found the "Glory Hole". Like em or hate em, a show on gold mining is a show i'll watch, and even with all the drama its entertaining, could it be better?? OF COURSE it could!! just cut out 1/2 the drama, but hey its still worth an hour a week just to see the scenery and some mining.Then come on here and chat it up with some haters. :P .....just kidding, you guys are still good people.

Chris, thanks for the GPX5000 what a great gift for starting the most viewed post ever.

I was wondering how long it would take for this post to rear its head again :ph34r: , 7500+ views...WOW!! Like the show (which i do) or hate it, you gotta admit its a hot topic! The last "Wrap up" show last week was cool, it appears they will have to start all over again. As far as being "losers" i think they are far from that, Todd showed one of the new pieces of equipment for next year and it was one of those massive dump trucks...you dont buy one of those if your a loser. The gold these guys are looking for...is not necessarily in the ground and it appears they indeed have found the "Glory Hole". Like em or hate em, a show on gold mining is a show i'll watch, and even with all the drama its entertaining, could it be better?? OF COURSE it could!! just cut out 1/2 the drama, but hey its still worth an hour a week just to see the scenery and some mining.Then come on here and chat it up with some haters. :P .....just kidding, you guys are still good people.

Chris, thanks for the GPX5000 what a great gift for starting the most viewed post ever.

This is very smart television that is a real "gold mine" for the producers and Discovery. These folks are professional story makers and tellers with one goal - SELL ADVERTISING. To them this is about market share; the more they have, the more they can charge to advertise in 30-second slots. The "SHOW" is genius. It is a raging success. I dislike the charachters Todd and his Father portray on the show, and consider it more of a soap opera for white men between 40 and 60. In the end, the show will make a lot of money, and gold prospecting will have a huge black eye. - Terry

PS - There is a list of people that were hired by Discovery to pump this show on the net. I will not publish it, but it is out there.

Both of my eyes are already black!! :ph34r: Since the show is rolling on, we just gotta figure out a way to stir up business out of it and ride the lightning. I can see it now...Like gold rush Alaska? ready to try it yourself? Call Terry at AGA and we'll arrange for your very own adventure..just imagine, no Grizzly bears, no ice cold temps and better yet no Dorsey, call now.. first 50 callers get a "no guts no glory" ringtone absolutely free!!

Both of my eyes are already black!! :ph34r: Since the show is rolling on, we just gotta figure out a way to stir up business out of it and ride the lightning. I can see it now...Like gold rush Alaska? ready to try it yourself? Call Terry at AGA and we'll arrange for your very own adventure..just imagine, no Grizzly bears, no ice cold temps and better yet no Dorsey, call now.. first 50 callers get a "no guts no glory" ringtone absolutely free!!

:o:unsure::D LMAO Bucket! You are my new PR and Marketing guy! - Terry

"I'm here every thursday folks....and dont forget...try the veal and tip your waiters." Seriously though, the guy Blueduck on the other forum said he was benefitting from this, so why shouldnt we?? Why sit around and let the discovery channel be the only winner here, Capitalism at work, let them bring in new prospects for us right?

I have to say that love it or hate it,

it is good entertainment if you're an outdoors person.

I am astounded at the scale of everything they're working with.

For me that has been a big point of interest.

If they every get all that equipment working right

over the right piece of ground

it could be spectacular.

Because I made my living in the feature film business

I find myself thinking about the technical aspects of

the filming; how many cameramen and women are out there

freezing their butts off etc.

A pretty weird show but ultimately kind of fascinating.

Flak

Todd showed one of the new pieces of equipment for next year and it was one of those massive dump trucks...you dont buy one of those if your a loser.

Actually you do, ya just got to be a loser on the Discovery Channel sugar tit.

Those losers went to Alaska to become millionaires or bust! They spent $240,000 to make $20,000. BUSTED! In the real World they would be dead broke and starving, not buying expensive new equipment. Honestly, the 3 Stooges could do a better job of gold prospecting.

The second season should be about them living homeless on the streets of Oregon, holding a sign, “Will Work 4 Food.” www.PimpThisBum.com

I hope they’re better at panhandling than they are at gold panning!

The whole premise of the show was that a bunch of average morons that didn’t know much about gold prospecting could strike out for Alaska and become rich in the 21st century. Well, that didn’t work out too well for these morons… Unless you count the DC gold.

I'm sorry Bucket, I should have been there for you man! I didn't realize they got to you and made you drink the Kool-aide. :o:blink::(

:o Oh no.. :unsure: Kool Aid reference alert! :ph34r: OK Bucket, stick out your tongue and let's see if it's purple, er, grape ;):D Terry

Someone should tell OSHA about that program, they would be on it like white on rice! Grubstake

you gotta remeber grubie that aint california..and the guy strung out on marphine and the ole man served your country..why would you want to get them in trouble..something most dont know they are only gonna work one claim and move on just using exploretory permits so they dont have to go by any rules from any one..tear it up and move on..ole fred is gonna make a killing

Thats funny...www.PimpThisBum.com. :lol: They cant do a show on them being homeless in Oregon thats already been done, its called "Intervention" its on every monday night. I also dont fault eight non-miners for screwing things up while attempting something they have never done before...."let he.. who is without sin..cast the first stone"...I also used that quote in 1984 while in the military...it didnt work, they threw me in the brig anyway. I count DC gold as gold just the same, As i watch the show, i have no feelings for it either way as i watch it, no highs, no lows, its just an entertaining show with a gold spritzer. I do like the scenery, i do like the machinery, i like to watch them do the repairs, and i do like it when they move dirt, and i would still rather watch that than say...2 1/2 men or king of queens. Maybe it doesnt piss me off because i focus on other things, but just as i have never shown a picture on any forum of any of my finds...gold in my hand, gold in my pan, gold on my detector coil, its about having fun in the outdoors and the experience of the hunt and sitting around a campfire at night drinking a 12 pack of my favorite "coolaid". Here's one for all the other coolaid drinkers :P

The show is so ridiculous that it draws you in. The ridiculous aspect is that they're making a lot of the same ridiculous mistakes I did as a green prospector. I look at it all as a package and wonder why some of them haven't died yet, or lost limbs, or been crushed. But, then I think back on a lot of the mistakes I've made on my prospecting odyssey, and I wonder why I'm not dead, de-limbed, crushed, etc.

I guess that's what draws me in--the sense that I somehow know far more than they do, and that I'd never make the same dumb mistakes; that is, until I think back on all of the mistakes I've made in the past while learning. It's then that I realize, through somewhat of an epiphany, that the only way you learn about something you know nothing about (which about mining gold, most of them do know absolutely nothing about)is to get out there and try--fail--then try again. That's exactly how I learned about it. And yes, they've been given great advice by knowledgeable people, but in life, that doesn't always translate into knowledgeable action.

By the end of the show, the redeeming aspect is that they were finding gold, and yes DC has undoubtedly made buckets of money from advertising; but, what is interesting is that they finally had someone on the crew (the import imposed upon them by the claim owner) that actually helped them refine things to the point where they were efficiently getting some gold.

Yes, it's a financial disaster (for the miners) from a dollar standpoint, but obviously what made the show interesting was the fact that most of them didn't have a clue about what they were doing at the outset, but they've obtained some skills now, and they do know something about getting the gold, and about improving and repairing equipment. Moreover, I think if anything, the entire seasonal episode showed how "not to mine" and how "not to make it mining in the 21st century" and how "not to make the American Dream come true". But, (and here's the genius in the show) negative impressions stay in the brain far longer than positive ones, and negative impressions are far harder to remove from the brain, and so they (DC) succeeded magnificently--look at the controversy they've stirred in dedicated prospecting circles!

All the best,

Lanny

Someone should tell OSHA about that program, they would be on it like white on rice! Grubstake

That statement is why the show is bad for us. When the public complains to govenment about what can go on in remote Alaska they will regulate mining out of existance for the little guy. The cost of compliance with more regulations, permits, inspections and insurance will put the price of mining so high only the big companies will be able to afford it.