Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Cold Out There

The weather system that rolled through this week has really brought on some chilly temperatures around the country; especially the Midwest. Here in central Arizona we have been seeing single digits and lots of wind. I thought this was cold, but after receiving the picture below, I already feel a whole lot warmer. This photo was snapped this week outside of the Minelab office in Chicago...Makes me glad I wasn't on shovel duty that day! :blink:

post-28-129677797667_thumb.jpg

I wasn't supposed to let the word out but I've just experienced the nicest January weather I've ever lived in before. One day with light snow and only 1 night hit the freezing mark. Most nights above 40F and most days in the 60s . What a difference from one side of the country to the other. It could have snowed 3 feet here on any day in January from what I've been told and the same for Feb. and March. It ain't over yet! Might be Ca.s turn next. It'll warm up soon down Prescott way.----Bob

Hi All

It was -31 here in Colorado this morning. we had the coldest temp in the lower 48. We are having a heat wave here at my house, it was 10 above. It has been a week and we have not been above freezing. It should break freezing today but look like more cold this weekend. I'm sure glad we have the global warming or it would be real cold here. :P Monday and Tuesday it was -20 with wind chill at -48 :o Looking forward to some time AZ soon.

Keeper Swinging

CH

Here in Shasta County, CA we are having highs in the 70s and on the low side 40s. It's great weather to be outside and if you can get down to the river for a walk or some panning it just gets better. :)

Cheers,

Howard

It has'nt been above freezing here south of Houston for two days. Not real South Texas weather. But I'm sure all the nasty, muggyness will return with a vengence.

Supposed to be 63 degrees here in Reno tomorrow. Heat wave! :D