Sign in to follow this  
oakwoodtrucker

dont forget to share

just a friendly reminder to all on the forum..do not forget to donate to the earthquack victims in japan...they all could use our help...

I have and will pray for them OT, but my money stays right here for hungry Americans. With all due respect - Terry

i realy hate to be the barer of bad news but me you and everyone else here on the forum as well as all americans are going to be paying to help out in japan...the only diference is uncle sam is flat out gonna take it weather you like it or not...on the flip side you coulkd really feel good about yourself..and contact the red cross and maybe flip a $20.00 or so and youd feel good about yourself..iam not sure where you live.but dont think for a minute something bad cant happen where you live

I have and will pray for them OT, but my money stays right here for hungry Americans. With all due respect - Terry

In most cases I would agree with you TS but I say a tragedy of the magnitude transcends nationality and I am with OT, I will give to relief efforts. Americans weather it be foreign or domestic are the most generous people on the planet and we should all take pride in that.

Hey, Please do as you feel. I gave my blood, sweat and tears from '73-'76 to make sure you can. I'm sure there are other people more worried about the "poor helpless pets" in Japan, than the hungry kids in their own town. Whatever works for you is way cool with me! - Terry

Hey, Please do as you feel. I gave my blood, sweat and tears from '73-'76 to make sure you can. I'm sure there are other people more worried about the "poor helpless pets" in Japan, than the hungry kids in their own town. Whatever works for you is way cool with me! - Terry

i find it quite funny a year or two ago a forum member trumped up a bunch of bs and got a pity pary going and everyone was sending cash to help a lost cause..i guess everyone is still holding a grudge over pearl harbor..i dont think its to mutch to ask every gold hunter to give up a nugget..and for the browsers anything will help..

Well Terry I think your a stand up guy, that's for sure. Thanks for your service and your addition to the Arizona gold hunting forums.

Dear Oakwoodtrucker, and all of my fellow prospectors and meteorite hunters,

I have empathy and sympathy for Japan. I also went through the same feelings for the 250,000 people killed by the last big Tsunami. I too feel and cry for the children, elderly and injured.

My tax dollars are working to help the Japanese right now. However, my disposable dollars are feeding or clothing at risk Americans, right here. My discretionary dollars go to giving active duty American service- men and women a day off in the desert looking for gold, or buying an American kid a bike so he can ride the 10-mile round trip to school instead of walk.

As I said, I’ll pray for the Japanese, but my money is already there - fueling an American helicopter that is bringing in drinking water. I will not send a dollar to someone that is going to spend half of it telling me what they are doing with it. God bless all who do, and God bless me to! - Terry

There is no ONE RIGHT way to give or share in a case like this. We each have our own way, our own reason for giving and will find the way that works best for us as individuals ... after alll we are all individuals with a slightly different mindset but all seemingly trying to get to the same destination. Giving back is what it is all about ... so give back where and when you can!

Mike f

Dear Oakwoodtrucker, and all of my fellow prospectors and meteorite hunters,

I have empathy and sympathy for Japan. I also went through the same feelings for the 250,000 people killed by the last big Tsunami. I too feel and cry for the children, elderly and injured.

My tax dollars are working to help the Japanese right now. However, my disposable dollars are feeding or clothing at risk Americans, right here. My discretionary dollars go to giving active duty American service- men and women a day off in the desert looking for gold, or buying an American kid a bike so he can ride the 10-mile round trip to school instead of walk.

As I said, I’ll pray for the Japanese, but my money is already there - fueling an American helicopter that is bringing in drinking water. I will not send a dollar to someone that is going to spend half of it telling me what they are doing with it. God bless all who do, and God bless me to! - Terry

well that was well spoken..have a good one