Wanted to share with AZO forum. My son and I found our first Arizona gold nugget on Saturday. We are thrilled and I'm SO greatful my son was with me. We were ready to leave for the day and heading out but bumped into a buddy from work and his brother in from New Jersy so we stayed out a couple more hours and boy was it worth it. It was only the 2nd target we dug with these guys watching and just off the road in a really worked area. Just goes to show what a Minelab GPX5000 can do and that an area may seem totaly worked out but gold can surprise you. This one sure did us. I have been going out as much as I can but it took less then 2 months to find our first nugget and we had never detected before. I don't think that's too bad. My kid thinks the nugget looks like FDR on a dime, I think he's right.

I really love this hobby, it brings a level of focus and purity to my mind that I have found in few other places. I love the hunt, the solitude found when solo and the camaraderie found with close friends. When my coil is swinging the pressure of modern life fades away, time moves at a different pace, the lost virtue of patience comes into full effect and the game to outwit Nature is played on a personal level.

Thanks for looking....

post-38316-130016453494_thumb.jpg

post-38316-130016466205_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to both of you on scoring your first nugget! :) The first piece is always the hardest, they will start to come even quicker now. It's really nice to see a father and son out there in the hills spending quality time together. You guys make a great team!

Well done :) Gold is nice but family is far more valuable. I still prospect, fish and trap shoot with my twin boys, well not boys anymore they are over thirty years old. Man how time flies. Well done indeed, Great looking lad you have there.

Cheers,

Howard

WTG on a great first nugget, guys! :)

Great work! The best times I remember in the field were with my son Jay somewhere near sharing a hunt for the elusive yeller metal! Congrats! And enjoy many more hunts with the kid at your side!

Mike

WTG on a great first nugget, guys! :)

Lunk - thanks for the posts in your Desert Adventure thread about the settings. That was the base for my settings when we found this guy but with less RX, more on the Stabilizer and Slow swing. I did find that dropping the Volume Limit way down helps smooth the thershold out when running the external speaker.

Yea that kid of mine is really great, he is the one that started all the gold hunting ideas........oh the faith of a child......

Thanks guys we really enjoy it.

Great pictures , I can tell you were both having a great time . Good luck and hope you guys find lots more !

Yo, AZO...What a great first nugget story...They'll start roaring in now...Get that boy a GB or GB2 or VSAT...You two will have a wonderful bunch of years together...Cheers, Unc

Wanted to share with AZO forum. My son and I found our first Arizona gold nugget on Saturday. We are thrilled and I'm SO greatful my son was with me. We were ready to leave for the day and heading out but bumped into a buddy from work and his brother in from New Jersy so we stayed out a couple more hours and boy was it worth it. It was only the 2nd target we dug with these guys watching and just off the road in a really worked area. Just goes to show what a Minelab GPX5000 can do and that an area may seem totaly worked out but gold can surprise you. This one sure did us. I have been going out as much as I can but it took less then 2 months to find our first nugget and we had never detected before. I don't think that's too bad. My kid thinks the nugget looks like FDR on a dime, I think he's right.

I really love this hobby, it brings a level of focus and purity to my mind that I have found in few other places. I love the hunt, the solitude found when solo and the camaraderie found with close friends. When my coil is swinging the pressure of modern life fades away, time moves at a different pace, the lost virtue of patience comes into full effect and the game to outwit Nature is played on a personal level.

Thanks for looking....

Hey congrats on your first nugget. It took me 8 yrs to find my first nugget with a detector. I have used Garretts, Fisher and now the only detectors I will ever use or own, since 2008 is Minelab. I have a GPX4000 and x-terra705. Found good gold with both. I am glad your son was there with you. That had to feel pretty darn good. How much did it weigh?

Hey congrats on your first nugget. It took me 8 yrs to find my first nugget with a detector. I have used Garretts, Fisher and now the only detectors I will ever use or own, since 2008 is Minelab. I have a GPX4000 and x-terra705. Found good gold with both. I am glad your son was there with you. That had to feel pretty darn good. How much did it weigh?

Here was my first nugget that took me 8 yrs to find. Lol

post-38423-130093577473_thumb.jpg

Here was my first nugget that took me 8 yrs to find. Lol

Wow 8 years - maybe your user name should be JOB4000...... how do you like that 705? I'm thinking of picking one up and so are a couple buddies of mine...

Wow 8 years - maybe your user name should be JOB4000...... how do you like that 705? I'm thinking of picking one up and so are a couple buddies of mine...

hey hows it going? Yah, I have been finding them on a regular basis since that first nugget. You know they say the hardest one to find is the first one. I really like the 705. I really know this detector front and back now. I think I am going to have even better luck with 705 this year than my GPX4000. I have been kicking but with 705 so far this yr on coins.It is easy to use and has alot of features to help you find gold nuggets and coins in any situation or mineralization or iron covered areas. you won't regret buying it. look on Minelabs finds of the month page and scroll down til you hit for April " Jump for Joy" and read my article on the finds I made with the 705. Got pics of 1758 coin I found and pics of tiny gold nuggets I found with it. Let me know what you decide to go with.

Nice to see you posting again Goldseeker.

AzOverland--that's a sweet find--nicely done. After the first nugget, it seems to get easier for some reason.

Well done, and all the best,

Lanny