Sign in to follow this  
Emptypockets

GPAA Gold and Treasure show Redding,CA

Hello everyone just got home from the Redding, CA GPAA gold show. They had quite a turn out 1,465 people showed up and it looked like everyone was having a great time. They raffled off a lot of great prospecting equipment and one of two trips for two weeks in Alaska the second trip and more equipment will be raffled tomorrow. It looks like starting in April, Redding will have there own GPAA charter which is kind of cool. I only wish I would have left my wallet at home or at least my credit cards.

Cheers,

Howard

Oh well Howard, that's usually the way it goes at those events--you just have to spend a little on this, and a little on that. It's great that you had fun and got to hang out with other people that have the same passion.

All the best,

Lanny

Howard - Did I get to visit with you at the ICMJ booth? Always tough putting screen names and real names together. It was a good show. Lots of folks on Saturday, a lot quieter on Sunday. I got to visit with Travis Brown, Digger Bob and a bunch of other friends, both old and new. I always enjoy these shows.

Bad weather has me stuck here in Redding until tomorrow morning. Will try tomorrow to get over I-80 which, though its open now, has been closed for a couple days during the bad weather.

Chris

Chris,

Highway 49 is a military route and never closes. I had to take it home from work once this winter already. See you in Placerville next month.

Matt

Howard - Did I get to visit with you at the ICMJ booth? Always tough putting screen names and real names together. It was a good show. Lots of folks on Saturday, a lot quieter on Sunday. I got to visit with Travis Brown, Digger Bob and a bunch of other friends, both old and new. I always enjoy these shows.

Bad weather has me stuck here in Redding until tomorrow morning. Will try tomorrow to get over I-80 which, though its open now, has been closed for a couple days during the bad weather.

Chris

I did stop by your booth and said hello :) These storms just keep coming. If it keeps up I am sure they will have to open the spill way at Shasta Dam. Hope you make it over the passes tomorrow.

Cheers,

Howard

Decided to go over I-80 during the day today. Eastbound (the way I was going) was no problem, and I made it back to Reno without too much delay. Westbound to Sacramento was a different story - a line of backed up traffic 50 miles long! I dont know the cause.

Chris

Chris

I forgot all about the show. I returned from Oregon on Saturday and went through Redding around noon on Saturday. I think the traffic on 80 was due to a forty car pile up with a fatality. Glad you got home safely. See you next month. If you ever need a lay over don't be afraid to ask your welcome to stay at my place.

Take care, Wes.