Sign in to follow this  
ColoradoGoldMan

ML service/repair USA, Thank you Awout and Minelab.

Hi All

Here is an update on the my GPX 4000 repair. I received a call from the manager of the repair facility in IL. It turns out that the detector is not fried. It does not need a new board, or major repair to the board at all. He told me that there was a mistake and that the switchs will be replaced at no charge and that the detector would be checked out completely. What a major relief. I must say Minelab stepped up and will do what is required and more, to get my detector back asap. I have been on a emotuonal roller coaster that has really been a boomer. I want to thank Minelab for making this right and I am very happy with Awout's(Avout) handling of this unfortunate event. His fast responce has done a lot to restore my confidence and respect for Minelab and their products.

Thank you Awout ,and thank you Minelab.

After a long tough day and evening I had decided to just forgo large repair costs and fall back to my other detectors this year untill I could decide what to do for a main detector. I was thinking wheather to spend over 1100 in repair or if it would be best to just get the 4-6k together and upgrade to 4500 or maybe a 5000. Thank goodness I no longer have to make that decision now. I am very happy with the suport. I am glad, right or wrong, that I elevated this instead of just blindly approving a repair that was not needed.

Thanks to all for their support and friendship.

CH

w0w,.... what ah relieve,..huh? nice to here it all worked out 4 you colorado,... my next suggestion was to call 911 ;) heres hoppen your girl(ML) makes a speedy recovery.

Yello

.......by the way, if your lookin for ah detectin buddy one of these days this summer, lets hookup...

Hi All

Got my 4000 ML shipped it overnight by UPS, the brown suited santa drop it off at noon and by noon 30 I had it fully checked out works perfect just like before with nice new switchs, they replaced all of them :) feels like a new machine. Thanks ML service.

Keeper Swinging

CH

Glad to hear all is well! Now find something with it!

Shep

I wouldnt have let em off the hook that easy, first off they need to get rid of the guy that...if it were me would have given me a heart attack for spouting off the wrong info, that guy has got to go...period!! He is also the one that claimed the switches were fine too so its pretty clear he is lost.