Well Guys, it was a blast finding that one . Those of you who have hit the one ouncer mark know what I'm talking about ,and those who haven't hit an ouncer yet still have that thrill coming and believe me, it is well worth the hard work and effort when it happens. In the meantime give thanks for the little ones that keep gas in the tank.----Bob

Congrats on the awesome find, Bob; makes up for all those snow days!

George. Lunk mentioned that four letter word SNOW. Hows it going up there in Alaska, are you able to get out yet?---Bob

George. Lunk mentioned that four letter word SNOW. Hows it going up there in Alaska, are you able to get out yet?---Bob

Bob I'm still in Tn won't get a chance until sometime in June, anchor ice will still be in the creeks anxious to look at our new claims in the 40 mi.....Had a lot of snow this winter but it seems to be going fast according to friends...Keep up the good work Bob I sure can't wait to try my 5000 out.......Geo :)

After detecting this little no name gully 4 or 5 times it was getting hard to find a target, but today was my lucky day. I got a broad, mellow inverted signal that gave me a gut feeling I was on something good. It was up on the bank of the gully in some nice red mud. I was hopefull , but so many of these type of targets can be a deep piece of trash. Down a foot or so it was out in the pile and I couldn't see it because it was all covered with slimey mud . I got it in my hand first grab and started mashing up the handful of mud and then I saw the flash of gold. Wow!!! I was in shock for a few minutes. No matter how many times you pull out an ounce plus nugget, the incredible thrill never diminishes. Gpx 5000, and 14"E Nuggetfinder. 1.2 troy ounces.----Bob

Wow nice find.Are you in AZ?

BillyBat. I moved to California last fall. This one came from the heart of the motherlode country.-----Bob

BillyBat. I moved to California last fall. This one came from the heart of the motherlode country.-----Bob

Did you move to California for the gold? If not "for the gold" per say would you have moved to an area where there was no gold? Just wondering?

Azoverland. I would not have moved to an area with no gold , that's for sure. I have no idea why I moved, it just seemed to come to me one day that I needed to do it and Betsy was ready for a change also.----Bob